Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

really sorry if tmi!!!!!

wandering if anybody can help.. i have been off the pill for 2 months now and have had my period since coming off which was really really heavy (which isn't like me at all) weather this was to do with coming off the pill not too sure??? but since finishing my period a week & half ago i have now got dark brown discharge and this started the day after having sex (i'm really sorry if this is TMI!!!! but don't know who to ask)
Is this normal or has this happened to anyone else???
Why is this ttc business so confusing???:\?

x

Replies

• Options
    Hi elissamally, my first proper period was really heavy (and quite painful too) wouldn't worry too much about the brown discharge, was there any cm with it could be ovulation show?
  • Options
    I did have some cm a couple of days after having my period and it slowly stopped last week followed by this. i never thought it would be so all over the place coming off the pill, i have been having a few period like pains aswell, could it be my af again after such a short break???

Thanks Amy x
  • Options
    gosh! really don't know, haven't had that-were your periods regular while on the pill, cause mine were on Ovranette and have worked into a fairly normal cycle now, but the pill my sister is on (not sure what its called) gave her about 2-3 a month!! so perhaps different pills have different effects when coming off them?? amyx
  • Options
    I had really regular periods while on the pill, every 28 days I could set my clock by them. I was on mercilon for about 5 years and microgynon for 5 before that. But with me having my withdrawl bleed then having a period about 30 days after which was very heavy just wasn't expecting to start again. :x

How long you been ttc?

• Options
    When I came off the pill this time it's all been normal - ie straight into a 29 day cycle, but previously when I've come off it this has happened to me - I know it's not nice, but your body should settle down soon. Don't worry about it too much.

HTH
    Rach
  • Options
    Morning elissamally, poor you! I'm feeling a little guilty now cause I was moaning that my first period took 35 days to arrive when it was 28 on the pill, and haven't had your problem-sorry. Been ttc since after withdrawl bleed 8 weeks ago. Amy x
  • Options
    Thanks Rach. x

Amy don' feel guilty you haven't said anything wrong just happy that there is someone you can talk to on here, as there are only so many questions your OH want's to here.
    I came off the pill 8 weeks ago aswell, there are so many different stories that women go through I never thought it would be so confusing.