Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

angus castus? feeling shitty

hi ladies.im feeling a bit shitty today.

came off pill (although only on it 6 months) mid dec had wd bleed then no af for 52 days. am currently on cd 32 i think and POAS yesterday got evap lne (bloody ebay tests again) but i got my hopes up a bit and when i did another today was def BFN. didnt think i would be too bothered if it took a few months ttc as it took 15 months last time, again due to irreg cycle. but i was bothered actually felt a bit gutted TBH.

anyway i have totally had enough of af being erratic and am going to get some Agus Castus when i get a day off (am on nights at mo which doesnt help mood) and just wanted a to know whether its worth a shot? do i take it throughout cycle? i have no idea when i am due to ov and have never got +ve on ov stick. and i cant afford to use them for 52 days lol!

sorry for the moan! xxx:?

Replies

• Options
    Hi Hayleys1
    Sorry to hear you are feeling down. I am in a similar situation to you (although ttc my first). Came off pill in Jan, still haven't had an af. I started taking AC on Saturday, so far no results but I wasn't expecting anything to happen so soon anyway. So I can't tell you if they're worth it.
    But I can tell you that they're 75% off in Holland & Barrett at the moment so you can get a bottle for about ??1.95 I think so at least it's not very expensive.
    You are def supposed to stop taking it afer ov / during pregnancy. I haven't been using ov sticks but do chart my temps so I know that so far I definitely haven't ov'd. However if you work shifts, i realise this may not be so easy for you (taking temps). The other option is to take them for a whole month and not ttc, so that it builds up in your system, then stop taking them and hope it's done the trick. One bottle of AC is about a months worth anyway (100 capsules; take 2 in morning and 2 in evening - have I worked that out right?!) I understand though that you may not want to hold off ttc for a month though. My hubby is away now til easter sunday so if I ov before he gets back I'm going to keep taking the AC through til the next ov. If he gets back before then I guess I'll stop taking it if and when I do eventually ov (hopefully it will happen one day! I'mon CD 41 already) we migth be able to make a baby!
  • Options
    hi guys
    I started AC last month. I had mmc last yr and not had any luck in ttc since then. My cycle had extended by many days and I really wanted to reduce the time it took me to ov. Anyway last month I ovulated 4 days earlier which I am putting down to taking AC....waiting to see on whic day I ov this month and hoping to have knocked some more days off.

Good luck
    Sianiblew
  • Options
    Hi Sianiblew

did you have long cycles before mmc? The reason I ask is because I had a mmc in december. Before my cycles were always 34 days and my first af arrived on day 34 after erpc. I'm now on day 42 with no sign of af. I have done one test on Sunday but got a bfn. I'm so totally confused and am really hoping that mmc has not mucked up my cycles. If no af by the weekend am going to do one more test before paying the doc a visit. Will see what they have to say about agnus castus. xxx
  • Options
    aww hayleys1 was sure this was a bfp for you hun.
    However af is not here yet is she? so hang in there and see what happens. I hope it is a bfp soon!!
    The agnus castus you only take up until you OV and then stop, worth a try and its quite cheap. Good luck and fingers crossed for you.
    Filo x
  • Options
    Hi Guys!
    Sorry to be a bit thick, but what is angus castus? I have never heard of it...what does it do?
  • Options
    Its a herbal thing thats supposed to regulate your menstrual cycles and help with hormone balance. You take up to Ov and then stop. Some people say it works well, worth a try and pretty much side effect free.
    Filo x
  • Options
    Hi Shrewpin
    Before mmc my cycles were spot on 28 days every month, never missed one or was never late. After erpc I think first af took 42 days, then 31 and since then has extended by 2 days each month until 37 days...at which point I got mad!! It is hard enough ttc, let alone not knowing when you may ov or have af...so started reflexology and Agnus Castus and last month ov on day 19....(day 23 month before) and af on day 33 (day 37 month before)....so waiting to see what will happen this month.
    Went to see GP cos I was getting quite stressed by it all, she didn't seem bothered just said the extended cycles are down to the hormones settling back down...but mmc was last June!!
    Good luck...I know how you feel as the month I was 37 days I could not understand where my af was and kept on having bfn's...really did my head in!!!!! lol
    Sian xx
  • Options
    Thanks for that Filo. This is only first month trying, but it might be worth thinking about if we don't get lucky! Good Luck for your BFP...I think I read your testing soon, fingers crossed and all that x
  • Options
    Thanks for that Sian, I am just so worried that my cycles are going to be messed up now and that we will never concieve! I kind of know that I'm not pregnant as if I was I'm sure that I would have had a positive test result by now. I really hope that if I end up at doc's she will be more helpful than yours was. It's so easy for them to say it's just hormones settling down, but it's the hardest thing when you've lost a baby and all you want is to be pregnant again. Let us know what happens with your cycle this month,hopefully your af will not arrive at all and you will get your bfp. xxx