Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What do you love about your dh/oh and where did you meet?

Hi Girls,

I met my dh in May 2005, I was at a really low point in my life around that time. My ex "to**er" cheated on me with about 6 people behind my back and lets just say I got my own back on him when I found out! I went to his work and I punched him in the face!!!!! Such a nice feeling anyway and completely not what I would do but I saw Red + he was sleeping with this girl while we were signing papers to get our 1st proper house together oh and he got her pregnant!!! I know the s**t

I finished that relationship and I borrowed a friends PC and I went on the chatrooms, it was great because I talked to loads of people and it boosted my confidence, then one day my dh clicked on my name and we started talking, 2 mnths later I met him for the 1st time (risky I know but it was so worth it) we had a spark a connection and we were like soul mates.

I love him because he is such a sensitive person, he's so loving, affectionate and he makes me laugh. When I have period pain he looks after me and gives me a hot water bottle. (ex never did that) When I first met him I really didn't fancy him but something happened his face changed and he was attractive to me and still is. I feel so proud to be his wife and I look forward to telling him that he's going to be a a dad one day

Anyone else had a sad situation turn into such an amazing one?

PMA and babydust to all
xxx

Replies

• Options
    hi i'd just broke up with my ex, went on a chat room and was slaging men of when i got chatting to a bloke, a week later we met up. Three months later we got engaged,we got married a year and two weeks after we met. We're celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary in august, we've been together five years in july. He's the best thing that's ever happend to me, we're been through 2 mc since febuary and even when i get angry and shout or upset and cry he's there for me. He's my best friend and understand me better then myself, recently he taken to doing just little things to cheer me and and always tells me he loves me. There's so many things i love about him i could go on forever i can't wait to make him a daddy x
  • Options
    hi just wanted to say i meet my oh on the net to id been on my own for about a year after leaving my ex due to him hitting me when i was 11wks pg with my daughter he has made me so happy and now were ttc our second baby (we have 1 each) unable to get married yet as his ex is dragging her heals and wont sign the papers
  • Options
    I met my oh when I was still with my ex because he is my best friends brother. I thought he was very attractive but was commited to my ex. Then I found out that my ex had cheated on me by going to an orgy and sleeping with 8 hookers! (I also punched him). Around the same time I had started talking to my friends brother on Myspace a lot, exchanging silly messages and after a couple of weeks we started dating. 4 months later we moved in together. 17 months later we are now TTC.
    I have never felt this way about any previous partners. I get on with him better than anyone I've ever met, he is hilarious and very intelligent (something my previous exes lacked) and best of all he is totally loyal and trustworthy. He adores my 5 year old and I can honestly say I have never seen anyone who is as good with kids as he is. He deserves to have one of his own soon - he's amazing.
  • Options
    I was with a guy for nearly 7 years i am only 26 now and things were good but we grew apart his had a friend called Peter who I really like and soon after meeting each other we became best friends. It was hard but for two years being in my old relationship I knew I had fallen in love with Peter and he felt the same. We both split from the peter we were with and been together for nearly three years and got married 5 months ago. It was the best day of my life.

He is a wonder and kind man, he is always there for me and is truly my best friend.I would feel so lost without him and want nothing more than to give him a baby.

K xxx
  • Options
    i'm kinda gate crashing here but will b trying for my 2nd after my wedding in sept(i have a wee boy who will b 1 in june) so have bn looking in on everyone

i met my other half on a blind date through a friend or ours both she told him i was like fiz from corrie(not true lol) and had straight hair and curley teeth!!!!

he was just back from a 6 month tour if iraq in dec 04 and we got on like a house on fire ever since,he is my best friend i could ever ask for and i truly believe he is my soul mate,we are getting maried the 5th sept 08,we got engaged 3 wks after meeting,and the best xmas pressie i could ask for lol

he is 6.5" (i'm 5.1") but under all his brawn is a soppy man who adores his little boy to bits,my xmas card from him made all my family cry lol

i wouldnt b without him by my side,esp if anyone pics on me lol
  • Options
    Hi girls, I had just split up from my ex when DH and I got together. Unlike the rest of you though, my ex was OK - we just drifted apart but it still hurt. So...........I decided to try and make him jealous and told him I was going out with the neighbour - a lie - I wasn't!!. Anyway, cos I'd lied I had to hatch a plan to go for a drink with my neighbour and guess who he was........?? My now DH!!! So strange to think about how we got together now and of course he had no idea at the time and didn't do for ages after.

We've been together nearly seven and a half years and it's our two year anniversary on 3rd June.

All I can say about my DH is that he is my best friend in the whole world. We laugh because we say the same things at the same time even if they are completely and utterly random. I can tell him anything and he won't judge me. We just are like two peas in a pod and I love him 1,000,000%!!!

xxx
  • Options
    I met my hubby online nearly 5.5 years ago. We always tell everyone we were set up on a blind date.

I think we both knew when we first started going out we would get married etc. I'd wanted him to propose for ages and he did it very randomly and it was very unexpected! We got married last October and I love being his wife and calling him my husband.

I've never seen him so excited about something and so desperate for it to happen like he is with us TTC. He wants a baby soooo much and it breaks my heart that the last 3 months its not happened!

We both feel lucky this month, but you never know...

xxxxx
  • Options
    I sort of new my dh through friend of a friend and we went on the countryside hunting and shooting march in London in 2002 i think. He was vv drunk then a few days after he got my number from a mutial fiend and we went on a date, never looked back. We've been together 6 years, living together 4 and married 1 a week on Monday!!! Trying for number 1 and so excited, i cannot wait to make him a Dad.
  • Options
    I very boringly met my dh at university. He lived on the corridor below me. We've been together for 10.5 years, married for 2.5. He took ages to ask me so I had to give him a gentle push in the end. lol!!!
  • Options
    i meet my oh at school ,been 2getha 7 1/2 years,got engaged xmas day 07(took him a long time too) we hope to get married sept 09 .xx
  • Options
    I met dh in 1999 in a gay bar - I was there with gay friends and he was there with on a works night out.
    We've been married 20 months, and he proposed to me in a small restaurant outside Cannes in France.
  • Options
    I work at the same company as my dh and that is where we met.

He proposed while we were away on holiday in Guernsey and had phoned my Dad that morning to ask him first.

We met just over 5 years ago and got married in October last year.
  • Options
    I met my oh in college but we were just friends as I had a partner. however that guy cheated on me and oh and I just started getting closer so I split up with my partner and within a few days I was dating oh!! We became very serious very quickly and moved in together after only 4 months when i was 18. we have now been together for 4 years and married for 2. he is an amazing guy and has supported me though so much over the last few years. we are ttc number 1 after mmc in feb.
  • Options
    my oh and i were best friends till i was 18 and i split with my ex for him. we have been together for 12 years and married for 8.

i love how much he makes me laugh and i love the way he is will our lo even if he does forget to do things sometimes and drive me daft. and more than anything i love how much he loves me. how soppy am i.
  • Options
    I met my dh whilst working on a holiday park, we just clicked completely and started spending all our spare time together. We got engaged after 4 months and everyone was really doubtful but we both knew it was meant to be.
    We have now been together 5 years, married for 3, have a dd who is 1 and are just starting ttc #2!

I've no idea why I love him, can't put it into words, but I do know that I would be lost without him and watching him with our dd makes my heart swell!

Looks like we're a lucky lot ladies! xxx
  • Options
    I went to middle school with my dh and started dating at 17. We both felt so much for each other but we could'nt handle the intensity so young, so we sowed our wild oats a bit and got back together at 19, moved in together 6 months later.

Noone thought we'd stay together but we've proved them all wrong !

We got married 7 1/2 years ago and had our lo a month after our 4th anniversary.

He is a wonderful man, one of the ones your girlfriends say is a winner. He's been through hell this year cos his brother has leukemia but he still manages to be a fabulous husband and a wonderful father. I'd love to give him some good news soon xxx
  • Options
    I met my OH August 05, we were on a night shift in the hospital we both work in and we flirted outrageously all night long over patients, bedpans and making beds lol. He took a month to ask me out (nerves lol) and then it was just like we clicked. We moved in together after 5 months. We got PG in oct 06, not completely planned but very wanted. He proposed on the beach on christmas day 06 (best present ever) Sadly we had a MC the day after but he was so so understanding and he was my rock, it only made me love him more and made our bond even stronger. We got married in March 07 and had our 1st born, a little girl in November 07. Since then our 1st year of married life has been a wonderful adventure. We're now ttc our 2nd. I wouldn't be without him, he's the love of my life xxx
  • Options
    Well this is my story........

I was married for 13 years and it turned our ex was a liar and unfaithful, so he was given 15 mins to pack a bag and leave. I was left to bring up our two boys myself, as ex continued to sleep his way around our village.
    After four years as a 'single-mum' i went to pick up my boys from school, and there was a new face in the playground...whose own son happened to have made friends with my son, and so our children started to get together after school etc, and so DH and i started to see alot of each other. He had been widowed, and never thought he'd have another woman in his life, and then I came along. We became really good friends and started to go out for dinner etc, and then he confessed that he'd already seen me at the school ages before, and kept telling his son to find out who i was!

We got engaged Xmas 2006, married in Nov 2007, four days later mc our twin pregnancy at 12 weeks, and then mc again in Feb 08. So we are both very keen to make our combined number 6 as we feel its so important for two people who love each other to create an expression of both of you in one little person.

Good luck to you all !