Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Can stress affect ttc??

Hi all - i'm currently 9/32-34 cycle in my 5th month ttc... I've been soooo stressed at work recently and we're also selling our flat so stressed about that too, I'm just wondering whether all this stress could maybe be a reason why we haven't got pregnant yet... what do you guys think?

Replies

• Options
    Hi there Abbyc,
    I think stress affects our bodies in lots of weird and wondeful ways - everytime I move house (and it's been about 5 times in the last six years...don't ask..lol!!) I have always come down with a chest infection!!!
    I do believe I have read in a few places that stress can affect you ttc - but just make sure you remember to have a little "me time" - a soak in the bath, or book in for a facial or indian head massage - which some of the girls on here rave about! There are some free podcasts (you don't have to have an ipod and they are free to down load) you can get of meditation music, inner healing, insomnia etc - I listen to them when I feel I can't relax and find myself falling asleep - so maybe that could be something you could think about - just try and have a little time out each day - even if just 5 mins to paint your nails!!!
    Hope you get your BFP soon and sending you lots of baby dust!

XXXX
  • Options
    I believe it can affect us enormously, I studied Psychology at school and was horrified by all the things that can be brought on by stress, so I reckon it could be a factor, but in this day and age it's very difficult to avoid it unfortunately. Amy x
  • Options
    Hiya
    I agree, stress is a big factor. I eventually reassessed my whole life and tried to eradicate all the stress from it just to help concieve- changed jobs, stopped seeing 'friends' who stressed me out/made my life difficult etc. Generally changed my whole attitude to things.
    Can't say it was quick, or easy going but I can tell you my first baby is due in 4 days and I am in no doubt that changing things helped enormously!
    Good luck!
    Tracey