Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Periods after stopping cerazette??

Hi girls,

I stopped taking this pill end of dec and my periods are still not normal, had 2 cycles at 29 days, 1 at 34 days, last month 35 days and this month on day 37 and still waiting. Periods have been light also since stopping (sorry if tmi), had no periods while taking cerazette.

Anyone else had this ? :\?

Replies

• Options
    Hi Tilly, I stopped taking Cerazette in March 09, and got my first AF 24 days later, then it was 31, 30,25, 30 etc etc (you get the picture!), and after about 9 months started to settle down. Mine are also v light (sometimes only 1 day or a day and a half).

Been to the doc (as I'm still not pregnant) and she said that it was ok to have light periods, and that I was perfectly healthy (had blood tests).

My AFs are now between 26 and 28 days, so at least they are not quite so erratic.

Hope you get settled soon (or they stop cos you're pregnant!)
  • Options
    hi ....

my sis was on tht and it took a while 4 her cycles 2 bget bk 2 normal, it also took her 9months 2 fall preg as docs said pill was still in her sysytem...
  • Options
    Hi MrsDoc,

Thanks for the reply, good to hear they should start to get back to normal at some point.

I really thought it would only take 3 months for them to get back to normal. I actually conceived whilst taking cerazette on my 1st so just thought it would be easier.

Hope you get your bfp soon x
  • Options
    Thanks hols81, good to know i'm not the only one who's had this problem x
  • Options
    Hi Tilly,

G/C from BIS but I just wanted to say I stopped taking cerazette at the end of July 08 and we actively started trying from our Dd in Aug 08 (after our wedding). My periods were back to normal after the 1st month (every 28 days) and we conceived 4 months later (dec 08).

we now have a bouncing full of energy 9 month old :lol: .

Good luck

xx

[Modified by: MrsRG on June 01, 2010 07:17 PM]

• Options
    hay hun, i came off that pill on the 23rd of jan ( wedding night ) lol, came on in feb and had nothing till i came on in may, they have been really painful and lasting the full 7 RUDDY!! days, went to get checked at the docs as i have a prolapse ( due to birth of my little missy ) as i also had a scan and im perfectly healthy, spoke to doc about the effects of the pill and she said as soon as u stop the pill and 24 hrs pass its out of ur system, dont know if i agree with her but lets hope it works its self out soon, im on cd22 2day

[Modified by: demelza2001 on June 01, 2010 10:01 PM]

• Options
    I was the same when I stopped this pill 26, 30, 33, 24 we started trying after 4 months (wedding night) and were VERY lucky to fall straight away. I'm now on having a nosy considering number 2 :/ lol x x
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies ladies.

demelza good luck for this month, i'm not sue about 24 hrs thing either still feel like my body setting down x

Wedding night baby debs that's really lovely, good luck with ttc 2nd time round x

• Options
    cheers hun xx hope ur cycles all settle down and u get ur bfp soon xxx