Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

TTC AFTER COMING OFF CILEST

Hi all, This is my first time on here so thought id introduce myself.

Im 23 and have just come off of cilest about a month ago after being on it for 2 years as me and my partner have decided to try for a baby. I done my research from the beginning and been 'doing it' at the right times, and I'm so hoping its worked. I have read that it can take time for your periods to become regular but did have a break from the pill a couple of years ago and I came on regular periods straight away. Im guessing Im due on today based on a 28 day cycle - no af yet! did do a 4 day early test saturday but was a bfn, though I did it in middle of day after drinking lots which i think can dilute it?! I was a bit sick yesterday and im completely shattered but am getting some pains a bit like period pains - bit confused!

Anyone else in my situation? anyone have a good idea when I should test again?

Replies

• Options
    Hi im a newbie to. This is our 3rd month of ttc. You could be pregnant and its just too early to detect or it could just be the effect of comming off cilest. Good luck
  • Options
    Thanks, might try again in a couple of days then, I will cry if its another bfn. How about you? when will you know next?
  • Options
    My af due saturday and pretty sure it will come. Good luck let me no how you get on. xx
  • Options
    will do, good luck jen xx
  • Options
    Hi, i'm 26, came off Cilest a month ago too, due on Saturday also, so am just going to wait till mid week if i can then do a test. Have felt like was coming on for a week or so, but no show as of yet, fingers crossed. Been feeling well tired all week, but had a sore throat and really bad head so might be a slight bug, who knows!!!!

Cilest has messed my periods up loads though!!!! Never going back on that!!

Let me know both of you how you get on, cos looks like we are in the same time zone with this!!

Love Jules x:
  • Options
    Hi hun, leave it to mid nx wk and do another test, u cud be but its to early, good luck hun, ive gota do one nx wk too, fingers crossed for all of us!!! xx
  • Options
    hi hun, you could do another one of the 4 days early tests, as its nearly a week since you did the last one.. if your like me, I couldnt wait lol.. id be keen to try again. I used one of the 4 days early tests and got a BFP!!.. good luk hun.. keep us posted.
    caz xx

http://bd.lilypie.com/nNPqp1/.png

• Options
    Hi magicmonica

I see you used the four days early test was it the first response one? if so have you got to use it with your first pee in the morning? xx
  • Options
    hi all, well couldnt wait, was determined i had done first test wrong, but again bfn, that was tuesday. its friday today cd32 , still no af. whats happening, im blaming cilest now! just hope it doesnt take months on end till i start normal periods again, i bought more tests incase, going away for long weekend if im still not on by tuesday im gunna do one more. thanks everyone for your responses. congratulations magicmonica and good luck jen24, jh81 and woomummy. xxx hope we all get some good luck in the next week image
  • Options
    Hi Nici, any news?? I still have no signs of af!! Or no signs of pregnancy. was due on Sat also. Dont want the dissapointment of a BFN so just going to leave it and hopefully will start being sick or boobies will start hurting or maybe no signs who knows?!?!
    Jules
  • Options
    hi all, thought id update you, just got back from hol, af arrived first thing sat morning to come on holidayw ith me, the bitch!! but only lasted 3 days, just very light now image oh well maybe mor eluck this month. Im going to try some og those ovulating sticks? to see if im ovulating yet?! you never know what the pill does to your body. anyone know where i get them from or if they are expensive? what about evryone else, any news? JH81, are you usually regular? do a test and let us know!! good luck xx
  • Options
    Arr sorry to hear that Nici, hope you get on better next time. I think you can get the Ov sticks on ebay, they are pretty cheap on there!
    I was regular ish, was on cilest so really no definate date as to when i should have AF, am only a rough guess for Saturday just gone, am just going to leave it, really really dont want to do a test, would be too upset the result would be BFN, got enough horrid stuff going on in my life at the mo so need to keep my hopes up on something!!
  • Options
    Hi, I am new to this site, but have also been on cilest for about 8 years. Thought I would let you know my experiences. I came off Cilest 4 months ago and ovulated 21 days later, then had af 10 days later, the next month, ovulated day 19, and had af 12 days later. Then had to go back on cilest as it was my wedding/honeymoon. Came back last week and ovulated again day 21, am now waiting for period. The worst thing is 7 days after ovulation I start getting slight cramps, and just know i will have af sometime this week
  • Options
    youll have to let us know how you get on chocolate cake, i was like you getting cramps about a week before af, though i remember having pains when i was actually on af years ago, funny how things change!
  • Options
    If i would have know how much Cilest messes your body up i would have come off it ages ago, maybe not even gone on it in the first place. I thought geting PG was going to be easy, especially as i have age and helth on my side, how nieve was i!! Just ordered some OV tests off e bay, got 10 for a few quid, have read on here and others have used cheapies and they have worked so may as well give it a go.
  • Options
    yeah, im going to do the same, im on cd4/? so will need them pretty soonish, gunna try chemist tomoz. i will have a serious think when it comes to contraception next time, just glad never had that implant in my arm, lasts three years, thatd be frustrating if you decided a year down the line you wana ttc. lol

JH81, have you decided when you are going to test? youll have to let us know how you get on? do you have a feeling if you are? they always say you know when your pregnant.
  • Options
    No still not decided when i'm going to do a test, they didn't arrive in the post this morning so just going to wait. I dont feel any different, no signs at all so dont really feel i am, but you always have that hope i guess.