Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ovulation and taking temp

Hello everyone,

Lots of you seem to be using ov sticks/monitors but is anyone else using their temperature as a guide to when they're ov? This is my first month of using one and although i noticed a small rise on cd13 it has since gone back to what it was. Maybe this means i didn't ov? The thing is i noticed the normal changes in cm on about day 11 so was sure it was happening!

Has anybody else used this method and not had a rise in temp?

Any advise would be much appreciated xx

Replies

• Options
    thanks rosered yes i thought i'd ov with cm changes and although my temp did rise, it only did it for a day then back down again. I thought it was meant to stay high and then either drop again when af comes or remain high if pg.

Ta for replying, i guess only time will tell! xx
  • Options
    Yes you ovulated when your temp rose. You are right but it will only stay high for 1 or two days if you didn't get pregnant. Goodluck and keep us posted
  • Options
    ta for your replies girls. It looks like i haven't got pg this month then as today my temp was even lower and i felt really warm when i woke up! Oh well better luck next month xx good luck to you both and yes i'll keep you posted xx
  • Options
    Yes you ovulated when your temp rose. You are right but it will only stay high for 1 or two days if you didn't get pregnant. Goodluck and keep us posted

Sorry, but that isn't true. Basically if you are using your temp to chart fertility you have to take your temperature at the same time EVERY day - best way to do this is to set an alarm. Also you need to take your temp FIRST THING, before you get out of bed. When using temps to check whether you ovulated, you should look for an increase in temperature that stays at same level or thereabouts until AF comes or you get a BFP. For example, my normal temp before O was 36.3 degrees celsius, I knew I'd O'd because my temp went up to 36.5 degrees then up to 36.9 degrees. Have a look on www.fertilityfriend.com - it's a great site and has a free charting facility and loads of info on what you should be looking for. When using this, the system will automatically show you your ovulation day once you have put in at least 3 temps that are higher than what your pre-O temps were.

Sorry if this sounds complicated but if you have a look on the site, all will be revealed - I'm just not that great at explaining it! :\)
  • Options
    Thanks for replying. my temp didn't seem to go up properly until about day 21! today it has been lower than the last few days and af due anytime soon so assume i'm not pg. I've spent a lot of the month thinking i wasn't anyway as it didn't even seem to go up, let alone stay up! I'll have a look at the sight and will use it next month if af arrives. Thanks again xx
  • Options
    No bother Jo, you start using the charting facility on the first day of AF and this gives you a proper base for your full monthly cycle - good luck!
  • Options
    Ta, maybe thats where i went wrong too as i started on day 3 this month. I'll try and do it properly this month!