Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hi, i'm new.

Hi everyone i'm new to this and looking for a bit of advice.
We have just decided to start trying for another baby but since the birth of our son 10 months ago, AF has not returned. Definately not complaining about that but obviously can't work out best times for bd. Has anyone else been in this situation?

Replies

• Options
    Hello

and welcome to the site! Not been in this situation as ttc first but there are people with lots of varying experience and advice on here so I'm sure someone will be in the same situation. I've found everyone's friendly here and happy to share/offer advice.

Sorry, that's not very helpful - just thought I would drop in and say hi! :\)
  • Options
    hi there i just wanted to welcome u too!!! good luck ttc !! i havnt been in that situation either but theres lods of girls on here!! hope u have fun posting xxx
    amandaxxx
  • Options
    are u still breastfeeding or have u been? af doesn't always return when ur feeding. i BF for 9 months and it wasn't till i stopped that my af returned about a month later. Doesn't mean ur not OVing thou, if u go and discuss it with ur doc they will be able to check if ur ov again and poss why ur not getting af?

Is it possible ur already PG?

jen
    xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Lilacjlh is right about bf, that was what i was thinking too. Also about still ovulating without af's, just harder to track! i would deffo talk to your gp hun.Oh, and welcome to the site! amy xx
  • Options
    Welcome newbie.
    Ask anything you like we don't mind. Good luck with ttc, took my af a while to return as i breastfed for nearly a year(little boy now 4). Sticky babydust sent(thats the best kind). Filo x
  • Options
    Hi and welcome, please dont read my posts tonight having a bad one and need to let off steam. Girls on this site gr8 im sure yourll find it v handy. Look forward to seeing you around.
  • Options
    welcome hun. the girls are great and very friendly here. x
  • Options
    Hi all. I'd heard too that Mother nature stops your periods when you're breastfeeding as its her way of ensuring you don't get pregnant while your strength is needed to feed the baby you've already got. Having said that I heard that from a man who is not a doctor so what he thinks he knows I don't know!!!! Good luck though!!
  • Options
    Hi, thanks for all your repies. After all that though AF decided to reappear on christmas eve of all times!! I am still bf so is probably why took so long to reappear. At least i know now that everything should be working ok and i can start counting days again! Hope all your new year baby wishes come true soon x
  • Options
    hiya just thought id pop in and say hi!! good luck ttc xx