Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

My fake baby

Just been looking at the tv guide and noticed that there is a programme on ch4 tonight at 10pm called my fake baby. I remember reading about her in a magazine the other day. Basically its about a lady who cares for dolls as surrogate children. She gets life like dolls and pretends that they are here children and treats them just like her own children. The boast beating hearts and have tiny veins and apparently cost thousands of pounds image

Why would you?

Replies

• Options
    completely bonkers,want to watch it though
  • Options
    ohhhh i want to see that! i saw the one where men buy the life like dolls!! they cost thousands are look so life like. most men just have them to have sex with ( u can do this they r made for it-gross i know) where other men actually married their dolls and treated them like their real wife totally mad!! was a weird but interesting program!
  • Options
    well personaly i wouldn get one. but if it make these people feel better then dont see anything wrong with it.
  • Options
    Hey,

I saw something similar about these baby dolls. But the one i saw was women who had still births or their babies had passed away after a few weeks and had the dolls made as replicas. It was heartbreaking to see these women who just couldn't move on. The programme was very sympathetic to these women and didn't make them appear "weird" which is what the "real dolls" programme (the one with the sex dolls for men) did.

I am gonna watch it out of interest but only hope that it is also shown in a kind light as this woman must be very lonely and insecure.
  • Options
    Hi girls,

just saw an advert for Fake baby it looks very strange- the doll i saw looked quite real considering it was a doll. deffo going to watch it x
  • Options
    I too am going to watch it.
    I think it'll be really interesting.
    I suppose its good for these woman that can never have babies its the nearest thing they'te going to get to being able to care for one isn't it.
    xxx
  • Options
    am watching it too...gonna make myself stay awake to watch so crazy but i am intrested, there must be a reason why she looks after fake kids rather than adopt or have her own etc.

we'll see....

• Options
    Post withdrawn
  • Options
    is anyone watching these crazy women? have to say i'm more than a little disturbed by these people and fake formula? wtf?
    cant pull myself away from watching tho, they're nuts!
  • Options
    i agree weird or what they breathe and move er hello thats not normal for a doll or for a grown up to have one and push her round in a pram! what do you reckon deprived troubled childhood ?
  • Options
    i agree weird or what they breathe and move er hello thats not normal for a doll or for a grown up to have one and push her round in a pram! what do you reckon deprived troubled childhood ?
  • Options
    more than a few sandwiches short of a picnic! and what on earth are the blokes doing encouraging them? a new going home outfit! i dont know whether to laugh or run screaming from the room.
  • Options
    300 QUID ON CLOTHES FOR A DOLL!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    i know! and leopard print? far more money than brain cells i fear!
  • Options
    I am sorry but ??294 on a outfit for a baby is taking the p***!!!!!! If it were a real baby then jesus it would be outta it in five mins.....loardy!

this program is amazinly weired....
  • Options
    but for some reason i just can't turn it off. i'm scared!

**peers at tv screen through hands over eyes**
  • Options
    this is some f***ed up s**t i dont know weather to feel sorry for the guys or give em a slap and tell them to sort it out, how do they not feel embarassed pushing a doll around and explaining the fact ITS A DOLL (sorry baby lol) what a strange world we live and yet so weird you have to watch it!!!!
  • Options
    i know what u mean....i even find my self checking ebay for these babies to see what the fuss is about!! lol....

.....BUT no am not gonna buy one....am not at that point...........yet! lol
  • Options
    This is weird, why would you??????????
  • Options
    even nanna is in on it!!!!! arrrrghhhhhhhh