Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Just taken 1st Folic acid tablet!

Hello everyone Im new!

I have been reading all your posts over the last few weeks and getting to know the site and I have to say Ive learnt loads already!
Just to give you a bit of background about me, I got married in August last year and we have officially decided this weekend that I will not be taking my pill anymore! We are making a few lifestyle changes to get my body ready for ttc which we will hopefully start doing in about 3 months. I have just taken my first folic acid tablet and I have also been to tescos to buy lots of healthy food.
I think I could be here for a while as like I said we dont really plan to properly start trying for a few months and my husband works away which means I only see him 1 night a week at the moment!
Just wanted to say thank you for everything Ive learnt so far and im looking forward to getting to 'know' you all.

xxxx
p.s do you think Ive started taking folic acid at the right time? From what I have been reading 3 months before starting to try is a good time to start?

Replies

• Options
    Hi and welcome!
    You sound like you have already taken some very sensible steps.
    I too have read that it is recommended to take the folic acid for 3 months before TTC so it sounds like you've done the right thing!

Good luck and look forward to chatting to you in the months to come - altho hopefully we wont be here longimage xx
  • Options
    Thank you
    Its so exciting but im scared, nervous, excited. So many feelings and I havent really started trying!!!!!
  • Options
    lol I don't know if I could cope putting off TTC once you get started - you'll be symptom spotting in no time!
  • Options
    hello, i started my folic acid about 3 weeks ago after we went to the doctor about coming off the pill, and it was the one thing he said we should start doing straight away.it v exciting even tho, like you we'r not actively trying yet (my oh works away too) Fingers crossed for lots of BFP's soon!
  • Options
    Jellytots
    Do you worry that its going to take you a long time? Im worried as I will only see my hubbie one night and day a week. Ive been reading everyones posts about oving and the importance of having sex at the right time. I cant just hop in the car or get him to come home at the right time of the month!
    How often do you get to see your oh?