Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Think OH is feeling a little under pressure to 'perform'

Morning Ladies.

I think OH is feeling rather under pressure to 'perforom' so to speak.

I think I need to back away from BE a bit because somehow - although I knew I was always doing something ttc related - whether it be coming on BE, having my head in a baby magazine, taking my vitamins, talking about cute baby stuff etc - I never thought anything of it.

But just lately I think OH feels like he's got to 'produce' because I want this so bad.

I've not bought any magazines lately, I'm not talking too much about baby stuff, I'm not going to remind him to take his vits - he can just take then if he wants and sadly - I'm going to have to keep away from BE if that's possible.

We go on our jollies real soon so that will be a good break for us.

Anyone else's OH feel like this or do you think they feel like this.

I'm actually feeling rather bad and a bit guilty about it all.

Replies

• Options
    my hubby is the one in our house who wants another baby really badly, i do too but he is obsessive about it asking when im ov and looking bding all the bloody time "just to amke sure"! i love him but will wait till after christmas to tell him to back off a bit as he is taking all the fun out of it. I know where you are coming from though as im sure he feels like its his fault we havnt concieved yet but as we have a lo he knows there is nothing wrong etc
    I hope you get your BFP and can come back and tell us all about it. xxxx
  • Options
    Oh im with you on this one, in fact OH is getting majorly pee'd off

We missed all peaks last month because of it -

So this month only took folic acid, didnt watch baby programmes, didnt tell him I was ov'ing etc and we managed to Bd on first peak and day after second peak but on second peak day he had a strop about it all as was tired etc - so think im out this month - going by all the cbfm users that have got their bfp's they all bd on second peak.

It always works out better when oving on a weekend haha

Good luck honey x
  • Options
    Thank you ladies!

Maria - My OH also told me to tell him when we should be BDing but that seems to be the problem - as soon as he knows that it's a good time it's like he's under the spotlight!

So then should I just not tell him when is good - but then I don't want him to be constantly on edge and wondering all the time?

Gosh - how can this be so complicated?

Any advice?

• Options
    I am in the same boat!
    My OH is feeling the pressure too, as am I!!
    When you want it so bad its hard to relax about it and not utilise every opportunity! I told my oh that this is "the" wknd and yet he hasnt managed to make it back from work (he is working away) I know this cant be hapled but I still feel let down. Its not too bad as we should be ok as long as we get the next 3-5 days in!
    All this counting really takes the fun out of it. We got down to it last Sunday and Wednesday of this week (oh instigated it!) and in the back of my mind was *its too early to make a baby" lol
    I am sooo hoping for a xmas bfp that I have even been looking around mothercare today, my 3 year old was slightly bemused at mummy looking at baby clothes and push chairs! lol
    Well sorry to ramble on, I guess we can take comfort in knowing we are in the same boat! xx
  • Options
    I am trying really hard NOT to make OH feel preassured. We don't talk about ttc very often, although we both know we are trying.

I think it wouldn't do my OH any good at all.

Have a wonderful break Princess and come back all renewed and positive
  • Options
    Hey,

Whilst I can still loh on - I will LOL

There's no danger of OH coming bak just yet so can't keep away but am not going to be on here when OH is around plus not going to tell him when i'm OV'ing unless he asks.

I'll see how it goes - would love to get a holiday BFP!