Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I hate waiting!

we were due to start fertility treatment as soon as af arrived, but then found out that our health care wont cover the cost privately, so called the clinic and explained to be told i had to wait for consutlant to come back from his hols to be able to authorise sending my doc the notes so he can refer us to NHS clinc, this was over a week ago. they were supposed to get back to me yesterday and i heard nothing, so finally got through to them today and left a message, my notes are on his desk waiting to be sorted out. i feel like going to pick them up myself (if only it wasnt an hours drive away!). we have had so much testing and waiting and i cant take much more :x ! I'm so annoyed and frustrated, i just want to get started on hopefully getting our precious child, is it so much to ask?? :\?
sorry needed a little rant to get it off my chest.

Replies

• Options
    ah hun you rant away were all here to listen sorry your having a hard time with it all and waiting thats the hardest part im the opposite my hospital and doctors are being great and really rushing things throught for me hope it gets better hun sammy x x x
  • Options
    well its been 2 weeks since i first contacted them to get my stuff sent over to my Dr and still nothing has happened, its almost like now i cant afford to pay for fertility treatment they dont want to know!!! feeling really bad, should have started our treatment when af arrived which was a few days ago. really upset, im desperate for us to have a baby, just one will be fine, but i know without treatment or intervention we wont have one at all.

How bizarre as im typing this they called to say a letter is in the post!!! just so stresed about it all, which i know isnt helping, and to add to the stress my closest firends mother died in the week and another friend died last night. just all emotional and feel like im on a rollercoaster.

we go away on monday for a few days, really hope it will help us get some much needed 'us' time way from tests, pills and all the crap!
    sorry for the rant, having a bad day :\(
  • Options
    Hi, sorry to hear your predicament. I paid to go private for investigations and then for IVF as my area won't send you for tests on NHS until at least 2 years of trying and then won't pay for treatment if either of you have a child (which I did). Keep phoning and offering to take a cancellation - it does help !
  • Options
    Keep your chin up love, I can imagine how hard it is for you. Doesn't it sometimes feel like the whole world is against you. Enjoy your time away with your oh, it'll probably do you the world of good and at least when you get back the letter they have sent you will have arrived and you will feel a step closer. Keep thinking positive. Lots of Love xxx