Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Opinions needed pls. x

Will give full picture so you know my dilema. I had my results back from 21 day bloods and i am not oving. Las month on scan there was a follicle so it seem there may only be a problem on one side. I am on my good side this month and i have had 3 highs on CBFM so it is possible that i may get a peak tomorrow. we have BD every high so have covered it so far. Problem is is, oh is due to give SA tomorrow morning and so his swimmers will go to that instead of me if i peak. Know we should have abstained for 4 days but he works abroad and i have him home for 9 weeks so trying to make the most of our time. Not been able to try for last two months due to him being away. Anyway i am thinking that if i get a peak tomorrow that we should BD and try and change appointment. If the appointment is not soon though it will delay me getting treatment (clomid) at our follow up appointment in July as his results won't be through and they wont prescribe without his analysis information. Next month will be my 'not working ovary' so next month is out and that will only leave the month after, if he has not gone back to work by then. Hope this ramble makes sense. I'm just looking for opinions on what to do. I feel whatever i choose i will lose out. What do you all think? Thanks in advance girls. xxx

Replies

• Options
    How long does OH have to leave before he can give SA? Does he have to wait 24hrs?

Also, how long will it take to make another appointment? Could you explain the situation on the phone, I am sure this must have happened so many times before.

Sorry to hear you have this dilemma, but I think you should wait unti l you either have a peak or not to make a decision.

In any case, people have got BFPs without BDing on peaks before

Hope it goes ok keep us posted xxx
  • Options
    Sorry, just re-read your email, he has to abstain for 4 days.

I'm sure somebody on here must have been in this situation too, it seems ridiculous taht you have to stop BDing for 4 days when you are ttc but I can see why and it obviously wouldnt matter if it was any other time of the month!

xx
  • Options
    If you were supposed to abstain for 4 days, then you've broken the rules anyway so it my opinion you'd be better off trying to re-arrange his SA appointment for a later date. That's only because you've gone against the advice given already.

If you only have to abstain for 24 hours, then personally I'd keep the appointment, you've BD'd today and if you get a peak tomorrow, you could also have a go later in the day, just in case! I know it's not ideal but I'd hate to think you were significantly delayed for Clomid for the sake of one day and remember they say only to BD every other day anyway.

Wishing you lots of luck, I can't wait for you to get your BFP!! Take care and I'm sure you'll make the right decision for you xx
  • Options
    katie... did you get your peak? Did OH go for SA?

xxx
  • Options
    Hi girls. Thanks for your replies. I didn't get a peak this morning on CBFM but line is definitely getting stronger so hoping it is close to happening. We decided to go for SA this morning and just see what comes back. Going to try and not worry about it anymore. We are off on holiday next week and when we get back we get all of our results. Nothing i can do now will change anything so i am just going to try and relax and enjoy my time with oh. xxx