Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Cerazette and TTC

I am new to this site and need some female advice please. My hubby and I have decided that we want to start a family but need to answers to some questions. Firstly I am on Cerazette been on it since Oct 2007 unlike alot of people am finding this pill ok, We have booked a holiday in Florida for this September and I don't want to be pregnant when we go, have read on other websites that yoy should come off pill 6 months before TTC in order to get back in cycle guess what I am trying to ask how long after stopping Cerazette did anybody become pregnant, should i wait and stop the pill a month beforehand...............as you may tell really don;t know what to do!!!!! I have already lost a stone in weight in preparation for this and have been taking folic acid every morning, ideally would like to lose another half stone. I will me 31 in October this year and the clock is ticking. so if anyone can give me some advice i'll welcome it with open arms:\?

Replies

• Options
    I was on cerazette for 18 months. Took my last one christmas day.
    We're ttc no.2 after 10 year age gap. Not really sure if i can help you though. I've had every pg symptom for the last 2 maybe 3 weeks.
    had a bfn last week but still no sign of the old witch or even a withdrawal bleed (should've happened a few days after apparently).
    I have spoken to a couple of people that have been on cerazette and they seem to have had very different experiences when coming off it.

If you're worried about being pregnant on holiday don't come off it yet. Wait till you get home. Or if you decide that it really doesn't matter whether you are pg or not stop taking it soon (especially if you want to concieve this year)

Good luck either way hun.X
  • Options
    Hi, i've not been on this pill i was on diannette but if i was you i'd come off NOW and use other forms of contraception until your hols. This will give your cycles a chance to get back to normal b4 ttc.
    Good luck
    SLOW xx
  • Options
    I was on implant which is the same hormone as cerazette, and then put on cerazette for 2 weeks.

I had no withdrawal bleed. I had every pregnancy symptom under the sun, was soooooo convinced!!! but bang on day 28 i got my af back.

Now on month 2, hoping i will stay regular!!

Good luck
  • Options
    thanks for all your advice guess i'm a little worried coming off now and using another form of contraception until my hols just in case have an "accident" so to speak, have a friend who has miscarried twice and said to me no way fly within first 10 weeks, also hol to florida will involve the theme park rides and no way would i wanna put anything to risk.
  • Options
    Hiya, just browsing and saw your post so thought I would reply!
    I was on cerazette for about a year, maybe more and came off it late september, then fell pregnant the next month!! So I would definately wait until you get back hun, just to be on the safe side.
    Faith.xxx
  • Options
    Hi

I was on cerazette and stopped taking it at the end of july 2006, i fell pregnant 3 months later so i agree with Faith, i would wait till you get back.

• Options
    Faith and HappyMamma thank you for that it has made me positive read so many posts on other websites where people have said it has taken them a over a year to fall pregnant after Cerazette its had awful reviews..def will wait till we come back thank you