Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Do you think the docs

Hi girls,

I am now 4-5 weeks pregnant and wondering if i went to the docs and requesting them to taking my blood every 48 hrs they would do it?

Thanks girlies xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi,

I doubt it unless you have a history of mc. I wanted serial hCG's. but my dr would only do one! She didn't believe in the accuracy of them. xx

http://bd.lilypie.com/RSdkp1/.png

http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/tickers/brlam3xnhiugcn9t.png

• Options
    Hi,

I'm not 100% certain, but I think the doctor's would need to have a good reason to take your blood every 48 hours. Why do you want them to do it?
  • Options
    Just cos i have no symptoms really and the uncertainty of not know how everything is going is driving me insane maybe if they took 1 it would help reasure me as i know a scan wont show anything till about 6 weeks!!! I havent done my booking in appt yet but think i might book one this week and see if i get a nice doctor lol!! xx
  • Options
    I completely understand what you mean. Before I had my daughter I m/c at 17 weeks so was really paranoid about something going wrong. In then end I actually paid to have a private scan around 8 weeks. You can't really see much, but the reassurance of knowing that my baby was in there and ok was what I went for.
    There is no harm in asking the doctor when you go though.
    Hope you do have a very happy and healthy nine months!
  • Options
    Hi hun, try not to get too stressed about not having any symptoms yet. Ive had 5 children and i never had any pregnancy symptoms till 6 weeks with all of my pregnancys. I know how you feel though, you just want proof that everything is ok inside because until you start to feel movements or you get a little bump you just have no way of knowing whats going on in there!
    Im sure everything is fine with your little bean hun and before long you will wonder why you were so worried! xxxxx