Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I am new & TTC

Hey ladies,

I am new on Baby Expert today. h2b and i are getting married in 5 days and have decided to start ttc. I had my implant removed 4 weeks ago and had my 1st AF last week for 1 week.

Before the implant i was on depo and before that my periods were extremely irregular (never had a set cycle), they were extremely painful and could last for 2/3 weeks a go!

anyone else had this problem and if so how can you meaure your cycles and find out when you are most fertile?

Corinne x

Replies

• Options
    Hi corrine - can't help with the implant question I'm afraid but just wanted to say welcome, good luck and congrats on the wedding!

Some girls take their temp (www.fertilityfriend.com will help) and some girls use ov sticks xxx
  • Options
    sorry for the blonde questions - not used to the abbrevaitions yet lol.... temp?
  • Options
    Hi hun,

Welcome to BE.

That's a long time for your af to last 2-3wks!!! Have you spoken to your gp about this at all?

opk's are good to use but as your cycles are long you may go through quite alot of them so what kayecee suggested may be a good idea for you.

Good Luck hun & congrats on the wedding xxx
  • Options
    Hi Corrine, welcome to ttc, you will love it here and hopefully somebody will be able to help you with info on the implant. xxx
  • Options
    Hi again. You can temp which means to take your temperature each morning. You do this to pinpoint ovulation as your temperature will rise and then dip on the day you ov. It's quite fiddly as you have to do it every morning at the same time. I stopped because I couldn't wake up at 6 on a Sat and Sun! Any questions, ask away sweetie! xxx
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies. I used to go the doctor when i was younger due to the amount of pain i would go through during my periods. Some times they would practically paralyse me. but they never seemed concerned about how long they could be.

sorry again as i feel quite dunce - but what is opk?

That sound well fiddly. i am useless at remembering things (hence why i never took the pill lol) so probably not the best thing for me to try. maybe the ovulation sticks could be useful

Thansk again x
  • Options
    Hi Cozza....welcome to BE and ttc.

I'm sure you'll love it here and I hope to see your bfp post soon.

Best wishes for your wedding in 5 days time.

Nadine ;\)

(opk - ovulation prediction kit).
  • Options
    hi and welcome to the mad world of ttc!

i hope your stay is brief and your bfp is just round the corner x
  • Options
    Hey guys. me too luckyvic!

thanks Nadine x
  • Options
    Good luck cozza_jones, hope you're not in here too long xxx