Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What does everyone do for work?

Hi just being nosey,
Wondering whether anyone else is a women in a mans job. I'm a farmer and have lift heavy things around at work. Not really sure what i'm gonna do when i eventually get a BFP. Anyone else in this situation?
SLOW

Replies

• Options
    Yep, I'm a woman in a man's job. I'm a highways engineer! Luckily I work in the design office so it won't be a problem for me when I get my bfp!
  • Options
    No job at all! I'm a hausfrau in Germany for the next couple of months, then we're moving back to England where I'll have to get me a proper job! eeek!
  • Options
    i work in a bank not very manly but i enjoy it even tho everyone seems to hate banks at mo
  • Options
    Human Resources! x
  • Options
    Primary School teacher xx
  • Options
    i'm a sales and marketing administrator, work for a company who sells payroll printing soloutions not terrible interesting unfortunatly but ur payslips, p60's are probably bought/designed through us!
    xx
  • Options
    hahhaha, i have the least manly job ever!!! I work for Benefit Cosmetics as a beauty consultant part time. Doing this along side a 4 year degree in Primary School Teaching! x
  • Options
    ooo odd_sock i love benefit!

i'm training to be a property lawyer
  • Options
    I'm a full time mum to my 2 girls now but before I had them I trained & competed showjumping horses. Had to stop as soon as I got pregnant for obvious reasons & havent gone back since. Though I loved my job then I much prefer the one I do now

Hilary x
  • Options
    me i am an architetural technologist - so pretty manly only 5 girlies in an office of 40
  • Options
    oh Hilary I am so jealous. I love horses. I don't have one of my own but I have lessons twice a week. Been riding now for 2 and a half years and hope to have my own horse one day!
  • Options
    I am a sales manager for Farmers Weekly Classifieds... SLOW I bet you know us... having to time being at home the right part of the month as I am away training my staff and cracking the whip xx
  • Options
    Hi Slow what kind of farmer are you?? my OH is a farmer, he works on two dairy farms milking and he also rears his own livestock for sale through his dad's butchers. I help out with sheep and beast all the time so I know what you mean, especially sheep as you can't be around them when they are in lamb if you are pregnant. Hopefully I'll be ok to help for lambing this year!! I'm looking forward to it x
  • Options
    Tequilla, you probably see more of them than I do nowadays coz I havent been on one since I got pregnant with Amy 3 years ago. I never seemed to be able to find the time since. Good luck with the riding, sounds like youre really enjoying it

Hilary x
  • Options
    I'm a secondary music teacher and I love it - last class of the day ran me a bit ragged today though so am sitting here not really moving much and enjoying the peace and quiet until hubby gets home.
  • Options
    Sorry, double post. Stupid bloody thing - this site's been playing silly buggers for about 10 days now, grr.

[Modified by: PinkToothbrush on February 06, 2008 04:35 PM]
  • Options
    Slow - i meant to add that I work for a company that make and sell silage additive! in the customer service dept!
  • Options
    I'm a project manager for a large professsional services firm (accountancy/audit/tax etc)..... so I nag for living... poor hubby, he always complains that I have enough practice at work so why practice again at home - hee hee hee
  • Options
    what a range of occupations we all have! i'm an analyst in the police xx
  • Options
    I'm a nurse and mostly i love my job. I'm a people person and aside from the politics and lack of resources my job is a breeze, lol.
    Makes all the medical side of ttc a little easier but worse when pg as always imagining what can go wrong. Filo x