Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

TTC No.1 and going potty !!!

Hello all,

I am new to all this forum posting and only joined today !, I needed to find somewhere to ask questions and find out if other "trying to conceive" girlies feel the same way about things as I do.

I am 28 and came off the pill in January and have had normal af's every month since and hubby and i have been trying for about three months so far (so i know not long)..

The only thing is all i can think about is wanting a baby, i have just found out a close friend of mine is pregnant, another is having a baby in a couple of months and my sister in law has just had a baby!. I am so happy for all of them but feel sad as i want to be a mummy so bad.

I know everyone say's to relax but it is easier said than done, i hate waiting till the end of the month and then getting a BFN as the achey boobs were due to pms and not a baby !.

I cant really express my feelings to the above girlies as one of them conceived within two weeks, and the other in a month!

Does anyone else feel like this ?.

xx:\?

Replies

• Options
    hi there ..i know how u feel took me 9 months with my first and we are now trying for another ..it can take over your life but try to relax and it will happen ..if you are regular why dont u try ovulation sticks i might nxt month..
  • Options
    hi hon welcome!it took me 18m 2 conceive my son + have now been trying ttc again for 14m so i guess it just takes a long time for some.i know how u feel as my sis pg + am so jealous!really really desperate for baba no 2 as would love a little girl.its so difficult when others fall pg at drop of hat but i really appreciate my son so much as i waited for him 4 so long!sometimes i look at him and cant believe he is mine as he is so perfect.alot of mothers where i live are always shouting at their kids and treating them bad.i think its a shame they dont know how lucky they r 2 have them.:\)
  • Options
    Hiya and welcome to our boards.
    I am gatecrashing this one a bit as I am currently 28 weeks pregnant.
    It took me 2 years to concieve and I wish I had found this website ages ago. There are lots of hints and tips of things that worked for people. I know just what it's like for nothing to be happening and all the emotions you feel when close friends, relatives, even strangers on the street are walking around proudly with their big bellies! It makes you think about what you are missing. I think these emotions are all normal, if not so easy to deal with.

I have posted on here a lot about the things that helped me to get pregnant in the end (giving up smoking, drinking, lost 3 stone, eliminated all stress from my life - this was a biggie - and even changed my job to one I wanted to do instead of the high pressured job that bought me in the money.)
    I really believe what helped me the most was diverting my attention away from it. I fell when I was in training for a brand new job, and it was just so time and brain consuming I didn't have chance to think about sex let alone concieving!
    Before hand I had been getting myself so worked up and stressed about nothing happening. I hadn't had periods for 11 years either so I had no event once a month to focus on , I was just focused and hell bent on getting pregnant all the bloody time!

Have a look through all these posts and see what hints you can get and what will work for you.

Good luck and sending some babydust your way!
    Fingers crossed!
    Tracey
  • Options
    Hi there!

I am in pretty much the exact same position as you!! I too am a newbie to this site, I came off the pill in February after 14 years, I'm 28 and trying for baby no 1!

Since I came off the pill I have been very irregular, and so have found it impossible to work out my cycle so far. Also, my periods have been only 2 days each time, my usual even before going on the pill was 4 days. So we're trying, but I don't know what my chances so far will be until my body gets back to normal, that's if it knows what "normal" is after being o the pill for so long! My husband is quite happy to leave it all to mother nature, but I'm getting impatient already!!

It's nice to talk to someone, as I can't talk to any of my friends about it. I don't want any pressure from them - if they knew we were trying, I would get asked about it constantly, and I don't want to be judged on how long it takes, how often we're doing it etc. For me it's a personal thing, so it's nice to share my thoughts with you guys, and hear your stories.
  • Options
    hiya girls, welcome. if you have read the i need advice post you will see my situation. i have been on here and ttc for 8 months now and without the advice and support from everyone here i would be going mad by now. its a great place to ask questions without feeling stupid. Good luck to you both and try to stay positive and i hope you get your BFPs very soon ( and me too for that matter)

jellybaby xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Thank's girls !! It is so nice to hear word's of encouragement from others !. Good luck everyone TTC and those who are expecting !!

xxxxx