Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

PCOS

Hi Girls,

Has anyone had diagnosis or treatment for PCOS? I think i have this and am due to go back to the docs next week and wanted to know what i might expect?

Thanks

Jo x

Replies

• Options
    hiya jo
    i have pcos and have had it since i was 14. and on treatment. they normally give metformin to women who have pcos. i hope this has helped alittle are you going back for test results? or going to talk to the doctor about it?
  • Options
    Hi Jo,
    Am guessing AF still hasn't shown then?
    Have the Dr suggested you might have PCOS then? I am still awaiting AF and am going to go tho the Drs in a couple of weeks - am going on holiday first.
    Have had 8 accupuncture sessions so far but nothing has happened really. Getting a lot of stomach pain this week tho but don't know what that is about.
    I just wish everything would sort itself out, am starting to get really concerned now.
    Let me know how you get on
    xx
  • Options
    i am currently on my hols (thought the relaxation mihgt help, but no such lunck!!), but fly back tomorrow, so i am going to the docs on Friday. They told me to come back if my periods hadn????t returned in 6 months. I am going to mention PCOS as i have most of the common symptoms.

Really hoping they refer me to the hospital, i need to start feeling like something is happening rather than being left in limbo!

Will let me know how i get on.

J x
  • Options
    HI
    I'm being tested for PCOS at the moment and i know exactly what you are going through i just feel so frustrated one of the tests say i have it but another test says i doesnt. All i want is a straight answere and then to start the medication.
    My opion of doctors have gone in the dog bin ever since i started to try and conceive.
    I just want someone to help.
    Good luck for your appointment.
    Kirsty XX (newbee)
  • Options
    Hi Jo,
    Hope u had ahood holiday?
    How did it go with the Dr on Friday? Hopefully they were able to answer a few questions for u.
    Am going in 2 weeks to see them.
    Let me know how u got on
    xx
  • Options
    Hi Dreamer1

I had a great holiday thanks - back at work today and have 350 emails - yuk!

Went to the docs on Friday and he was pretty good. I have been put on some tablets (norethisterone), 3 a day for 7 days. I should then get some sort of AF within 10 days.

If this happens then it means my body does has the correct hromones etc in order for me to ovulate ands that it is probably just delayed becase of the pill. If i don't have an AF, then it is probably soemthing more serious such as PCOS. Either way i have to go back to the docs and he will probably refer me to the hospital.

So just got to wait now. (more waiting!!).

How are things with you?

J x
  • Options
    Hi Jo,
    Sorry bout late reply, have been away.
    At least the Dr is doing something now, it sounds hopeful. Iam going on Fri and will mention what u have been prescribed.
    Fingers crossed! Will let u know how i get on
    xx