Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

IVF

Hi everyone, well my husband and i have been trying to conceive for nearly 3years. We had tests carried out last February which shown my husband has poor sperm motility and i am pending blocked tubes due to numerous bowel operations in my teens. I decided not to find out if they were blocked or not as if they were i knew id be totally gutted so i decided to just see what happens! My doctor agreed that this was probable best as i was already feeling very low.
In Feb 07 we were put on the IVF waiting list and we was told the list was a 2year wait.
However - last week i received a letter saying we were now top of the IVF list and i have the first consultation on the 18th Feb.

Has anyone ever been through IVF or no anyone who has?
I am a mixture of nerves and exitement at the thought of finally having a baby with my lovely husband.
We are both 29 years of age so fingers crossed we conceive on are first attempt!

I wil let you all no how my apointment goes on the 18th.
Loads of baby dust to you all,

Karen. x

Replies

• Options
    I have never been through IVF but I wish you the best of luck image and I hope it works the first time round and you get the baby you and your husband deserve.
    C
    xxx
  • Options
    2 of my friends have been through it and worked 1st time. unfortunately one baby dies at 40 weeks so she is going through re-implantation of embroyos again as we speak. the other has just had twins! you are young so always a plus but it is such an emotional rollercoaster! id say go for it though its always worth it in the end! xxx
  • Options
    Thankyou C. x Also thankyou for your reply Hayley. I no that IVF wil be an emotional rollercoaster but we are prepared for this hun. My husband and I have been through a hell of a lot together already and we have a good strong marriage - so i no we wil be fine.
    I hope it works first time for us - after 3 years i hope are time wil come sooooooon.image

Karen. x