Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What is spotting?! can someone help me! im so upset

As you may or may not know, im VERY late on my cycle and discovered it was likely that i could have 'missed' an a/f in September..

Well yesterday whilst out i thought- YIKES! i think a/f has made an appearance ... if you dont want tmi stop reading... well we were just leaving as this happened and i got home and it was hardly anything - more like watery (sorry)... this was about 1pm,,,,, and it probably lasted for 3 hours maybe not even that and wasnt continous either............ and then NOTHING MORE!! My a/f usually comes fast and heavy and now im wondering if this is the 'spotting' that people talk about??? what should i do - i thought i would have woken up and felt more a/f than before but now it feels like a normal day.

please just give me some advice or experience or somethign to reassurance me that this is normal?

Thank you xxx

Replies

• Options
    EM, have you tested yet in the last week. My AF started on saturday on Day 46. It's seemed very heavy yesterday but has since stopped? But it's definitely an AF.
    If you have had just traces/spots or very watery like you described and then it's just stopped then it's more likely to be spotting. Maybe get the Dr to arrange an ultrasound!
  • Options
    Im trying not to test because i know it will be negative - stupid mentality... !! i was going to test on Sunday this weekend coming.

What is spotting though? Its so strange because i know my a/f and ive never ever had this before its quiet scarey because i feel ive really screwed up my body! i just cant stop bursting into tears....
  • Options
    Hi Em - I'm sorry hon i don't really know what any sort of spotting means but if you are pregnant then any sort of spotting/bleeding should be checked out. I know you don't want to test for fear of getting BFN (i'm exactly the same at the moment) but maybe you should test. Let us know how you get on love Abby xxx
  • Options
    Hi EM23, I have to agree with abby, the advice I had gotten from the Dr is keep testing. Don't wait till Sunday cause if you are pregnant then you will need to be checked out. I know the turth hurts, I was like hysterical yesterday, but sometimes it's just best to face up to it. Let us know how you get on hun, we here for support if you need us. All the best.
  • Options
    ok, i'll do one tonight. and if im BFN which is soooo likely - what else could it be? other than a false starter! LOL!!!

Oh i hate all of this crap! its so frustrating!!! Thanks girls, i'll let you know the results asap.

xx
  • Options
    Hi Em, good luck with the test tonight. I had spotting during early pregnancy and it was very small amounts of blood when I went to the loo. Only enough to show on the toilet paper and not really enough to mark my underwear. It happens quite a lot in early pregnancy and I was told it was because your body doesn't have high enough hormone levels yet to fully understand you are pregnant. Also your blood volume increases quite a lot during pregnancy and so your cervix has more blood which is normally where the blood comes from. Typically it happens around the time of your normal af. You can also have implantation bleeding which also happens early on when the egg implants itself into your womb, again it is usually very light.

It could also be that you are so stressed out about what is happening your body is playing tricks on you but I am keeping my fingers crossed that you get the BFP you are hoping for.

L xxx
  • Options
    hmm - Liz! thanks sooooo much for the information! its acutally making me feel really excited... for the past three weeks ive completely relaxed and we've had loads of fun baby dancing!! so i know my stress levels have gone down A LOT! my god girls! what if i get BFP?

Liz - Will i be 'gone' enough to get a result?

xx
  • Options
    I would have to TEST TEST TEST - Just get some of cheapy ones from Bodycare.

Let us know how you get on.

Mrs WB xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options

Mrs WB xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options

Mrs WB xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    My god - im actually really nervous... although i still dont know whether i should just wait until this weekend as my original plan.... i dont 'feel' pregnant though! maybe i just dont want to set myself up for disappointment...

but still spotting its not enough to make any 'mess' but its happened a teeny bit today so maybe a/f is slowely but surely arriving.... BIATCH!!!!!!!!!!

xxxx
  • Options
    ave you tested?