Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

cycle length after pill?

i came off the pill last month and if it were a 28 day cyle i should have had af on tues, (i havnt yet) is the first cycle after coming off the pill normally longer? how long are other people cycles? x

Replies

• Options
    Hi,

My periods seemed to come back straight away ranging from 25 days to over 30. I never gave cycle a chance to settle down and went back on it after 3 months. Hope this helps but i think it can vary between women quite a bit x
  • Options
    hi there - it may take time to get your periods back to regular. I came off the pill in November last year and still not sorted out my cycle yet. It has varied from 27 days to 62 days - best advice I can give you is to allow at least 6 months for your cycle to regulate again...keep you chin up as it can be a frustrating wait but hopefully it will be worth it & in the meantime keep practicing ttc javascript:void(0)
  • Options
    i heard you periods after the pill can be varied more if you have been on the pill for years? iv only been on the pill for a year and a half so im hoping af will be regular. i did a cbd on weds morning and got a bfn, is there a chance i could be preg and it just not showing up yet? also my mum when ttc fell in the first month with me and my brother so does it make it more likely that could happen to me? im having no symptoms, except a bit of lower back ache (not sure if that is a symptom of anything or not) x
  • Options
    It doesn't matter how long you have been on the pill - they can still be irregular. Some people even get regular 28 days straight away and then do ireegular later down the line.

You could be pg but it could also very likely be your body getting used to not being off the pill, Try testing again on sunday to give chance for hcg to show if you are pg.

Mum falling quickly won't make any difference as it is unique to each person and their OH how fertile they are and if they time it right.
  • Options
    Hi Ashy, I came off the pill 12th June and my first cycle was 32 days, im currently on month 2 and on CD15.. we shall see.

Just be patient and try not to stress too much,

xxx