Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

New to site and need some guidance.

Hi!
I came off the pill on 31 January 2008 (microgynon) to hopefully try and get pregnant ASAP.

Strated to bleed on the 3 of Frebruary for 3 days which I think is called a withdrawal bleed.

Me and my partner are trying to have sex every other day now but I'm worried that this is going to be a long process.

When should I have my next period is it 28 days after my bleed in Feb or the period I had in Jan when I was still on the pill? I havnt had any problems since I cam of th pill other then I seem to eat a lot more. Is this normal?

I am a natural worrier and dont want this to take over my life.

Any advice would be much appreciated as I feel I hav no-one to talk to.

Thanks

Replies

• Options
    Hi
    I also came off microgynon at end of Nov 2007 and had my withdrawal bleed first week of dec. It took 40 days for next 'natural bleed'. Don't worry as apparently it can take a while for afs to return to a regular pattern (not sure how long this cycle of mine will last...currently on day 29 with no sign of af yet....hopefully for a good reason!) You count your cycle length from first day of last af (3rd Feb for you)
    I too seem to have an enormous appetite since coming off pill so it must be a side effect of our hormones getting back to normal.
    Me and oh are also going for every other day as I'm not too sure of my cycle so don't really know for sure when I am ov. Stick with it, apparently you are more fertile when you have just come off the pill so good luck!

X fingers crossed for bfp soon:\)

[Modified by: bubblegum on February 09, 2008 03:28 PM]
  • Options
    Thanks for that, its just nice to know that other people are in the same boat as me.

I hope to gt pregnant quickly but know it can take a while but Im keeping my fingrs crossed for me and everon else who's trying.

• Options
    Can someone message me through all th terms you are using like AF and what they man please. Thanks
  • Options
    You're in the right place, I've found loads out from the helpful ladies on this site, stuff I had never though or heard about...why is it you spend most of your life trying not to get pg then when you actually want to you realise what a mine field it is?!!

Let me know how you get on X
  • Options
    Because I dont want anyon to know w are trying for a baby I hav no-on to talk to and I wonder if all my friends came on her and had the same worris as I do.
  • Options
    Will try to bump up the message with terms on for you.
    Reading through this forum it is amazing how many of us worry about the same things, you're not on your own!!!
  • Options
    Thanks for that, really useful. Really exited that I'v joined this forum now. I'll be here all the time now trying to gt advice.