Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Importance of folic acid.

2»

Replies

• Options
    maynoschil i have to take 5mg too as i am diabetic which leads to an increased risk of spina bifida. Only took 400mcg in last pregnancy which was 4 years ago, so research changes all the time. 400mcg is the minimum ladies should take and def try and get more through foodstuffs. plus if any ladies are taking trimethoprim for a urine infection and are pg they should increase their dose as the tablet reduces the amount of folic acid in the body.
    Filo x
  • Options
    That is really good advice bout the trimethoprim filo.

Ty very much.xx
  • Options
    *bump*
  • Options
    Just bumping up again for newbies!!
  • Options
    And again!xx
  • Options
    Hi, thank you so much for the advise. So sorry about your story. When i was pregnant with our 1st we had recently MC so i didn't think i would be pregnant so soon. I wasn't taking folic acid until about week 7 or 8. This really worried me. Thankfully our little girl is perfect in every way but now ttc no 2 i'm already on it. Hope you have a wonderful 9 months xx Megs xx
  • Options
    Thanks very much Megs, it's good that my story is now having a positive effect, i wish you lots of luck while ttc.xx
  • Options
    Bumping up again for any newbies.xxxx