Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Loss

Hi,
I went for my first scan (3 month) last Monday to find the sack was empty? had to go back in the next day to have it all removed..I am heartbroken it took us two years to get to this stage and no one can explain why it happened I had a healthy pregnany no bleed etc...want to try again as soon as we can but they say wait at least two months! I feel that in some way its my fault I also lost my Dad earlier this year and dont seem to be allowed any happeness.
Sorry just had to get that off my chest..I do know I am not the only one to go through this but feel so alone..

Replies

• Options
    helen2525
    i am so sorry to hear your news, it must feel like everything is against you at the moment. I am really sorry for your loss.
    its definately not that you are not entitled to any happiness, it just means that the angels have not yet finished making the perfect baby that you will one day have and so you need to wait a little bit longer that's all xxx
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply x
  • Options
    im so so sorry we are all here for you sending you lots of luck for your future xxx
  • Options
    Thank you everyone x
  • Options
    hi helen so sorry to hear your news. i also had mmc in april and only found out at 12wk scan had thought all was going well. it does get easier after time, but give yourself time to heal.
    thinking of you becs xxx
  • Options
    thanks becs x
  • Options
    oh chick, bless ya...it's not your fault it was just nature, maybe a holiday would be a good idea to relax in a few months time am sure things will look better, you've had a hard year!
    sorry bout your losses
    good luck for the future
  • Options
    Im so sorry to hear your sad news, that really is nature being cruel and is not your fault. Sending lots of baby dust your way. Take it easy.
    xxxxxxx
  • Options
    Helen, I'm so sorry for you and your oh
    xx
  • Options
    Helen - you must be devestated and I hope you feel well enough to start trying again soon. You are always more fertile after having a pregnancy even if it did end early so hopefully you won't have such a long wait. xx
  • Options
    Thanks x
  • Options
    So sorry for your losses. Neither were your fault...everyone (well most!) people deserve happiness and so do you. Have a rest for a few weeks and only when ready try again. I believe in fate and what is meant to be. I miscarried very early into first preg but then got pg just 3 months later and couldn't be happier with the timing. It will happen for you x x x
  • Options
    Really sorry to hear that helen,

No words are going to make it any easier. Chin up and stay positive im sure your dad will want you to keep strong and focused on what you want in life.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry Helen to read about your mmc and the death of your Dad. I had a missed miscarriage just like you back in April as well and I was completely devastated. It was so traumatic and heartbreaking but I do agree with others that time does heal the wounds. My brother's girlfriend also died suddenly aged 25 a few wks after my mc so it was a rubbish 2007 for me too.

I read a few books on miscarraige to try and get some answers, which I found helpful. The best one I found was "Miscarriage: Women's Experiences and Needs" by Christine Moulder (I bought it off amazon). It's a collection of other women's experiences of mc and it made me realise that what I felt was completely normal.

I was told to wait one month for a normal AF before trying again (which we did) and I was lucky enough to become pg straight away after that. I'm 17 wks and all seems fine this time, so it can happen again very quickly,

Take care sweet and good luck,

Jo x

P.S. I found chatting on this site with others going through the same thing at the same time really helpful too. The upside is that I'm made friend with some of the girls on here through our discussions.
  • Options
    Jo,
    Just to say its been a while since I checked my post's but thank you, your words are very kind...just waiting to feel better then will start to TTC again just getting through each day now but its good to be back at work.
    Thanks again and hope all goes well
  • Options
    Hi Helen

So sorry to hear of your devastating loss. I mc last year and i was totally heartbroken. Hope each day get a little easier for you and that you are soon well enough to try again. lots of love to you and your other half, bluebird xxxx