Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Rubella vaccinnation and TTC

Hello ladies,

I have found out that I am not rubella immune, so I am planning on having my rubella job before TTC. As it turns out, I can only have the rubella jab through the MMR 3-in-1 vaccine on the NHS, as the NHS doesn't give a single vaccine against rubella anymore. If I don't have the MMR on the NHS, my only other option in terms of having the single rubella jab is to pay for it privately, and that will cost about ??100, which I am reluctant to pay!

Anyway! How long do you think I would ahve to wait between having the MMR and TTC? I can't find any guidance and the nurse at my local surgery didn't seem to know.

Thanks x

Replies

• Options
    Thats really surprising, as my doctor was offering me the single vaccine! Perhaps its different between NHS districts?

I think you might be better ringing NHS direct or your local GP surgery and asking because it might vary between different people x
  • Options
    I was also given the single one because from their records I already had the mumps one (although I dont have any recollection of it - and not sure if they are correct). Worth asking if you are already immunised against mumps/measles?
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies. I have double checked, and if I want the rubella vaccine on the NHS in my local surgery, then I have to ahve MMR. No other option. I was told that this is the same throughout the Primary Care Trust where I live. Pants.

But do you know how long I might ahve to wait between having the vaccine and TTC? x
  • Options
    Just in case anyone needs to knw - I asked the GP before he administered the vaccine. He told me that it would be ok to conceive the following mo nth without any ill-effects from the vaccine.