Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

OPK's: whens the best time to POAS??

Hiya ladies

just wondering when is the best time to POAS when using OPK's?

i know its the afternoon but how early late? what time does everyone else do it?

ive tried 12, 2, 3pm etc but nothing!

please help xxx

Replies

• Options
    Dummymummy, are you holding your pee for 4 hrs and not drinking before you do a test? x
  • Options
    hiya ladyisbroody, yeah i am. Im a staff nurse so i never get to pee or drink! hehe

just cant quite get the time right : (
  • Options
    im the same first month of trying and would have thought i would have got a smiley face yesterday or today but nothing. image
  • Options
    I'm the same. I've not yet had a single positive result, not even close, so its making me panic that i'm not ovulating at all, and I bought a cbfm off ebay to take the guess work out of it. x
  • Options
    C blue digital say you can test any time of the day, they're more expensive but really take the guess work out. I've been testing first and last thing each day and occaisionly lunchtime as well! Maybe anyone could help me with my thread on the same thing? xxx
  • Options
    its clearblue digital ive been using but only been testing once a day as thats what is said was needing and they are really expensive to test 2 and 3 times a day. maybe i need to try that with next cycle though.
  • Options
    My thinking was that I just wanted to know exactly how long I'd get the smiley face for so that, if needed, I'll drop using them in the coming months as I'm confident with FF and CM when I'm ovulating, it was just pin pointing how long I'm actually fertile.

Once I know when and for how long i just intend to bonk, bonk and bonk some more!!!x :lol:image
  • Options
    You may have better luck dipping your opk's in rather than poas as you may not be getting enough pee on them!

I used to test anytime between 3pm and 8pm as your LH rises in the ftaernoon and then you will ov within 12-36 hrs after; I used Wondfo test strips, very cheap, but they were always reliable for me. The first few months I did it I did it twice a day around 3pm and then around 8pm in case I missed it but then once I knew the LH rise lasted the afternoon and infact for me 2-3 days of positives, then I only did it once a day usually around when I got home from work. Just another word of advice alot of people find that they OV much later in their cycle than they think and also your OV day can change month to month, it is unlikely to be exactly the same CD each month.

Good luck ladies.
  • Options
    thank you baby on board i will try testing at 3pm xxxxxx
  • Options
    I always test later in the day, usually between 3-6pm. I read somewhere that your lh surge is more likely in the afternoon than the morning; I used to test first thing and didn't get a smiley (cbd ov test) ever in the morning. A couple of months ago i'd tested in the morning and it was negative, later that day I just felt that I was due to ovulate (can't remember why now) so I tested again and go a smiley face so ever since I always tested later on. Seemed to work for me, i'm now 5 weeks pregnant! x
  • Options
    well thats cd 18 and still no smiley face for me. cant see me getting one now. but might keep testing for another 2 days cd 20. what do you ladies think. im new to all this opk stuff
  • Options
    Yes I would keep testing! The month I got this BFP I didn't get a +ve opk until cd18 and that was on a 26 day cycle! So it can happen quite late.