Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

cbfm advice

hi before i go spending loads on one, are they worth it, do you have to use it the same time every day, with all the same restrictions as the ovulation tests,

we concieved ds the first month trying, he is now 2 and a half, and been trying 8 months now with no luck.

Replies

• Options
    To answer your questions;

Yes, you have to test in the same 6 hr window from cd6 (or cd9 if you ovulate later in the cycle) until you get a peak. You set the monitor at the time which is best for you to get your first morning pee, and then you have a window of 3hrs before this and 3hrs afterwards as your testing window (6hrs in total).

Its more accurate if you test with your first morning urine, as it works at detecting a change in your estrogen levels (which are present in your FMU) as well as your LH.

I'm only on my first month using it, but they've got very high success rates, so I would say they're worth it. Most people get pregnant within a few cycles of using it.

They're overpriced on the highstreet, so I would recommend getting one from ebay, and just resetting it so its not remembering the old users cycles. I got mine for around ??40 including 20 sticks. x
  • Options
    first wee would definately make it easier, the ones i use now you have to use in the middle of the day and reduce fluid intake for 2 hours before, i work shifts in a hospital so not always esy to do. thanks
  • Options
    I used to have to sneak down to the loos with one before I got it and its a pain, so I can imagine its a nightmare for you in a hospital x