Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Long Cycles

Hello,

I'm after some advice ladies.....

I am currently having cycles of 60ish days, which is way too long and driving me crazy!

I've read a few things about taking different vitamins to try and shorten it, but am unsure which ones would be best?

Any help would be great please.

Thanks xx

Replies

• Options
    i'vs not tried either but vitamin B and evening primose oil and agnes cactus, some taken before ovulation, are supposed to help. good luck, 60 days is rotten, hope you can bring them down a little. x
  • Options
    You can also try Evening Primrose oil. If that doesnt help along with B6 etc then i would suggest going to your GP just to have some bloods done to see if everything is ok but more so for peace of mind. Im on CD 32 now and that never happens!

All the best to you xx
  • Options
    Hi, can i suggest you try reflexology? I'm not sure of your finances but its suppose to have good results with regulating your periods and helps with TTC. I've been having reflexology for a few months and it did bring my periods forward by roughly 2 weeks. Mine use to be 6 weekly and my last was 31 days at which point I got pregnant. I had half hour sessions every two weeks which cost ??15 each session. I have a friend that is having monthly sessions of an hour and her system seems to be sorting itself out. Reflexology is suppose to have really good results for TTC. If you can afford I would definitely recommend it. Apart from anything else it is so relaxing and psychologically you feel you are doing something positive to help conceive. xx
  • Options
    I am currently having regular reflexology and acupuncture but nothing is helping at the mo! I've been to the doctors and have been told that I have PCOS but due to new nhs guidelines they can't do anything for another six months! Arrrrggghhhhh it's so frustrating!

• Options
    Im going for my first relfexology treatment today and I am being tested for PCOS, currently on day 40 but my cycles range from 23 to 40(today is my longest ever!) I dont ov regularly so Im hoping reflexology will help.

Im only 5 months ttc but lost a baby after ttc for a year, in oct. thats why Im getting the initial tests early but wont see a gynae yet as its too soon. lucky i have a super gp! xxxx
  • Options
    see the agnus castus thread hun, i got some in holland and barrat and i am going to try that this month,

xxxx