Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

baby number 4

Hi all ,

I have 3 beautiful boys the youngest being 3 in June and would really like to start trying for number 4 !!

I have been having lots of negative feedback image oh no not 4 kids and things like that , We work and pay our own way and why shouldn't we have 4 its our choice ! Plus a little girl would be nice

So has anyone got 4 kids or more is it loads different to 3 ?? Any advise would be great !

Thanks for reading image

Replies

• Options
    Im currently pregnant with my first and Im having the opposite problem. I only want 2 and so many family members have commented that 2 'isnt enough' and I should have at least three! I really do not know what it is that makes peope think they have the right to comment on other peoples families. Ever since I have been pregnant I have had family memebers comment on the names we like, the clothes/pram/nursery ideas. Yesterday my FIL actually told me that I didnt have my childs best interests at heart if I sent them to a certain school - not that he knows anything about the school systems - I do because im a teacher! Everyone is so negative and it really makes me mad. If you work and pay your own way then no one has the right to comment negatively on your choice. I think its a great idea! xx
  • Options
    Hi, I'm on pregnancy 2 and plan to stop with this one as Husband and I always wanted an even number and think our finances won't stretch to 4 but I have at least 3 friends I can think of who have 4, one of whom has recently announced she is expecting no5! Everyone is different in their opinion of 'how many is enough'. I say if you and your partner are able to provide for them then have as many children as you feel is right. Best wishes and good luck.
  • Options
    I think it's your and hubby's choice, and anyone else's opinion you should just ignore.

If you can afford it, and you and your OH both want another one, then go for it! Seriously!

I'm the youngest of 4, and I've always loved having 3 siblings. (I'm lucky, got two brothers and one sister)

My OH is also one of 4, but it's a bit different for him, and they're all lots younger and they're all from a different dad.

I've always wanted a big family, and I'm aiming for 4 children some day too.

Go for it, the whole point in life is to carry on the human race... Is it not? image

xxx
  • Options
    Glitterbug i had that loads when i had my first son and found that by the 3rd id grown a voice and decided to tell people what i thought about certain things ! not in a nasty way but just little things like looking at prams and things everyone has a reason why you should and shouldn't buy a certain one , i just thought right i'm having the baby so got what i wanted image Advise is alwasy useful but not when its making you feel bad :cry:

Thanks for all the replies and hope all goes well with babies and bumps image