Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

birth, depo injection, breastfeeding and periods, what happens?

Ok strange subject but I really didnt know what to write up there that would make sense. I'll start from the beginning, had my son back in Jan 2010 by emergency c-section, had the lochia for 6 weeks ish and then went straight onto the depo injection (before waiting for first true period after lochia), whilst on the injection I was breastfeeding so had no bleeding at all, breastfeed for a year and was on the injection for a year (end Jan 2011), then went on to the Pill till the beginning of June and we decided I shouldnt take the next packet as in 6-7 months time we would like to start TTC, so my question is: How long do you think it will take to get a period/AF? When I came off the Pill before having my son it took 3 months until the first one showed up but then was very regular until I caught 6 month later. At the moment I dont feel like it will appear on the weekend which I think is when its meant to show.. I really can't remember when you count from is it start of AF or at the end of AF for your next cycle, if it was start of I was due on last weekend. Defo wont be pregnant as we are using condoms until December at the earliest.

Any help would be great image

Replies

• Options
    Hi. from what i was told by my gp- taking the pill after depo can help bring back af's BUT it might not and can take upto a year for them to reappear! sorry.

I am 4 weeks late for my jab and no af, and have to test befpore they will give me another jab.

your gp might be able to give you someting to bring on af in mean time??

• Options
    I was on depo for years then onto pill but only for a month and half maybe two months. AF paid a visit first week of june 1 yr after last depo and 6 months after stopping pill. CD1 is the first day of bleeding. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    everyone is different. it took over a year for af to return for me after using the depo injection once. im not sure what effects taking the pill after stopping the injection are i havent experianced this but i hope your cycle will come naturally very soon! good luck when u start ttc! xx