Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Any Advice?

Hey every1, i'm a newbie so dont know any of the lingo (yet, lol) I have a 6yr old son who was an unplanned (wonderful) surprise, i misscarried in Oct last year, after 6months ttc, went for my scan expecting to be at least 14 weeks only to be told bubs had stopped growing at 7weeks :? i went in2 hospital to have a medically managed misscarriage. Since then me and my oh have been just seeing how things go, not using any protection and not counting dates etc. My periods aren't very regular sometimes they are every 4 weeks sometimes longer. Im looking for advice on where to start counting dates etc, how do other ladies do this with irregular periods?

Chelle xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Baby_Boom_85 sorry to hear about your miscarriage. There are a few ladies on here who have irregular periods so I'm sure they will be able to offer some great advice.

If I was you I'd start temping each day, it is a cheap and accurate way to work out when you are ovulating as your cycles are irregular. You could use ovulation sticks but may be a bit hit and miss if your periods are irregular. I use a Clearblue fertility monitor, which is like a more advanced ovulation stick may be worth having a look at it, I find it really easy to use.

Sending u lots of babydust x
  • Options
    Thank You, How do i temp? (sorry if it seems a dumb question lol)

Chelle xx
  • Options
    Hiya,

I haven't temped myself yet but I'm going to try it next month if I don't get a BFP.

I found this guide online for you to have a look at:

http://www.storknet.com/cubbies/preconception/bbt.htm

And there are some 'Chartsalkers' threads on here - I think they are for all the ladies who temp so will be able to answer any questions.

Good Luck! x
  • Options
    Thank u, Good Luck 2 u also.

Chelle xx