Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Cheap preg test showing positive after an hour

Hi Ladies,

I've just had a miscarriage 2 wks ago and have had my negative hcg test . As past few days ive been have preg symptoms again so did a cheap test this morning nothing showed up in either box so I just thought the test had failed and left it sitting in the bathroom - one hour later I was in bathroom and went to throw test in bin and got the shock of my life as control line was there good and dark with a faint line line in preg box !!! My head is totally wrecked !!! Anyone had this experience before if so how'd it turn out ?

Think I'm becoming obsessed !!!

Thanks in advance

Replies

• Options
    ins a right mind game isnt it?

I had a simular thing when i found out i was pregnant last time. I used the tesco own brand ones and after 10 mins I had a control line, but no positive line, but about 1/2 hour later, there was a faint positive line. I was very confused and I did another test the next day and the same thing happened. I then did a Clear blue digital and it came up with pregnant straight away!

So I know it says not to read the test past about 10 mins, but its not always an evap line!

I would suggest testing again tomorrow with first morning wee.

Let us know how you go.

xxxx
  • Options
    Thank u for ur reply !!! I'm not optimistic thou as just had a miscarriage 2 wks ago . Thanks very much for ur reply xx
  • Options
    hmmmm.... really not sure but didn;t want to r and r, good luck and hope you get clear answers quickly

jjx
  • Options
    Hey hun,

This pregnancy going by scan date i got a bfp at 3 weeks exactly, i obviously thought i was 4 weeks gone but got backdated a week. My preg test was the faintest line after the 10 mins time. It drives you crazy i spent the next few days googling evap lines!

The only way your going to find out it by doing another-hope the next few days goes super quick...keep us updated.

Fingers crossed for u xxxxx