Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

newly pregnant and experiencing tummy cramps

hello ladies

i'm sorry i'm not a very regular poster but since I found out 2 days ago that i am pregnant (1-2 wks according to CBD) i will most likely be on BE constantly!

i'm sure i am being over dramatic but for some of the day i've had mild tummy cramps, similar to Aunt Flow pains and the odd sharp twinge every now and then.

i'm just wondering if there is anyone there who has had anything similar and can reassure me.

i've been googling for hours now and have found a few bits of comflicting evidence, some to say its normal but only if its this and not that and then other bits that say something slightly different.

anyone have any tips on how to relax and stop worrying and fearing the worst?!

thanks so much

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Replies

• Options
    hi LittleMissImpatient, don't worry this is normal. it is just the womb stretching. relax and enjoy (i know easier said than done, not quite there myself :lol: )xx
  • Options
    thank you so much

reading that back it sounds a bit silly.

i felt sick yesterday and then today just cramps, i never thought i'd want to feel sick again!

xxx
  • Options
    I had cramps when I was pregnant (DD now 10 months old) That was my only sympton for weeks! The day my AF was due I said to hubby that we hadn't got pregnant that month as I had period pain, I was wrong image xx
  • Options
    Yes I had cramps in the first few weeks - I was quite worried about it, but my friend reassured me that it was normal (she had been to doctor in early pregnancy as she was worried about cramps, but was told that it's all quite normal).

As far as I can work out, unless the cramps are very severe (needing to bend over to deal with the pain) or you are bleeding, you shouldn't worry.
  • Options
    It's really scary, but it's normal as the uterus grows your ligaments have to stretch. Wouldn't it be great if PG symptoms were entirely different from AF symptoms?! Good luck xx

5 weeks today!
  • Options
    Hi, congrats on your BFP. Relax, cramps are perfectly normal during pregnancy as your uterus stretches & grows to accommodate your growing bump. As long as you are not experiencing bloodloss with the cramps and they are not so severe you are literally doubling over everything sounds normal.
  • Options
    thank you so much for all your replies ladies

i really appreciate it xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Congrats on your BFP!!!!

I'm 11 weeks now and worried about every little twing but realized it was everything moving and making room for the womb to expand. I still get pains now but I don't worry as much.

It's all such a worry and the crazy pregnancy hormones don't help either!!

Xxx