Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What is this? May be TMI....

Hi ladies... I use the CBFM (as most of you probably know!) and I'm now on day 12 of my cycle which has been on "high" since day 8. I always get a peak so am expecting a peak soon.... However, that's not what is confusing me...

Every now and then when I go to the loo I notice a small amount of dark pinkish blood on the tissue.. It's only a tiny amount and when wipe again there is no more... It's like a very thin streak. There is no pain and obviously AF is not due but it's the sort of thing I get 2 or 3 days before AF. Any clues? Thanks x

Replies

• Options
    Random periods seem to be contagious image My Oct cycle was high all the way through, no peak and AF came with a vengence at least a day early. My November one I ovulated earlier than usual and then I caught the flu BOO!!!!

Was your last AF normal? Or could it have been an implantation? Just an idea??

I do have it in my head that you can get spotting when you ovulate/ when the follice ruptures. I can't swear to this though.

Edited to add this (I googled):

Seeing a spot of blood around ovulation is considered an excellent fertility sign. The term is called Mittelschmerz when you have a twinge of pain around the ovary and is often followed by a tiny bit of spotting within a few days.

xXx
  • Options
    Thanks Betty. If it is implantation I'll be over the moon, dancing on the stars, catching lifts on clouds! Lol

Doubt it tho! Probably a faffy period like you said. Last period was same as it always is... Heavy for 2 days and agony and then light and faffy for 3 then done. Ah well.... We'll see. Thanks for replying. How are you getting on? x
  • Options
    Hi Bumblbee I'm not doing badly. I'm quite cheerful today coz IO have my hSG appointment at last. Woo Hoo. Any more problems today or are you okay now?
  • Options
    When I read your first post the first throng that came into my head was that it was implantation. I've got my FC firmly crossed for you x
  • Options
    Hi,

Sounds like ovulation spotting to me. I would be bd ING just in case. Could also be implantation. Fingers crossed its the latter for you x
  • Options
    Thanks all - am hoping its implantation but trying not to think about it! Not had any more today but read about the ovulation spotting and its likely that as I've had more "high" days on the CBFM than before this month and yesterday I got a peak so.... Here's hoping image
  • Options
    Bumblebee, I've heard that if you get OV spotting then it means you are very fertile. Hope you get a festive bfp in time for Christmas! X
  • Options
    Hi I sometimes get this a few days before ov. At first I started worrying thinking something was wrong until I looked in up on internet and found that it is common to have a little discharge before and around ov so its nothing to worry about xx