Forum homeβ€Ί Getting pregnantβ€Ί Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I tested WAY too early - big mistake!

Oh ladies, this TTC lark is bloody hard work already!

:cry:

I think I am only 7 DPO if that, since friday I have felt like sh*t, so so tired by about 6pm I am ready for bed, really bloated tummy, very dull aches almost like v v mild period pains in my lower tummy on and off since friday. Felt nauseous this afternoon and peeing for england all day.

I decided that I knew better than anyone else and thought I would do a preg test this morning (not FMU) which was of course negative, even did another OV stick just incase I was OV again (first month off pill and have heard can OV twice).

I feel like a total idiot for even thinking I could be lucky enough to fall pregnant first month trying (it took us 18mths with DD).

The other thing is late evening (like now) I cant even bear for anything to be on my tummy, even resting my hands on it feels uncomfortable and too heavy and I've not even had my dinner yet.

Please can I have a virtual slap for thinking like this so early on......and I do apologise for my long post! :roll:

Thank you xx

Replies

• Options
    Awh no slaps from me, don't beat yourself up I think we have all tested early as from the minute we bd we hope/think/feel this time we are lucky. It is ok to do that if you accept the disappointment of a bfn as you know it is too early. I hope you get your bfp soon hun.x
  • Options
    Thanks Apricotmoon, I am totally prepared for the BFN this month I really am, but there is always that part that secretly thinks it still might happen especially if I think it wont! Arggghhhhhh! I know I tested way too early and should be testing for at least another week! :roll:

xx
  • Options
    Don't worry, i'm 7dpo today too, and I also tested this morning, and got a BFN. I thought the same as you, as i've got sore boobs, constipation and funny tummy pains, so figured I knew better than everyone else too!! I guess we just have to wait until next week image

Fingers crossed it's our BFP! xx
  • Options
    I drove myself crazy last cycle too so don't beat yourself up. It's natural when it's something we want so bad. Hope it's positive for you x
  • Options
    We've proberbly all done it. Think the earliest ive tested was 4-5dpo.... crazy!
  • Options
    Oh Tinkerbell.. I know how you feel!

I OV yesterday, and already I'm thinking...could this be it? Could I be pregnant?! And it is only my first month!!

I feel like the next couple of weeks are going to be really long as I wait! I am so inpatient! I don't know how people do it when they are ttc for long times.

I hope you get a BFP very soon!
  • Options
    Tinkerbell i am exactly the same in fact i think im addict ed to testing ! I am now somewhere between 7 and 10dpo ( got faint pos on ov stick on 13 th and 2 strongs 14 th and 15 th and a,weak on 16 th ) so obv' d somewhere between there !,AND ive tested 3 times already , its madness ! I.blame the internet cheap tests , i wouldnt be doing it with exoensive ones ! Xxx
  • Options
    Thanks so much for your replies ladies! Its so lovely to be able to come on here and talk about all of with with people that are going through the same thing.

I guess I was a long term TTC'er last time (although never knew about this site until pregnant) so part of me knows what the waiting is like and I am desperate to not go through that again. Pretty much everyone I know that has tried for a baby has fallen pregnant fairly quickly, and for a long time I was very against TTC again as I didn't want to go through the whole emotional rollercoaster again - but I guess I'm already in it image

I have given myself a good talking to, told myself to stop even thinking about it until next weekend when I will probably cave in and test again!

Thanks again ladies xx
  • Options
    It is something most of us have done, but I didn't get my BFP til 2 days after AF was due so 16 DPO. Symptom spotting is difficult but please try and give yourself chance.

It is funny though the one month i didn't test early was the month I got the result I wanted
  • Options
    You're right Tinkerbell; it is hard work but that's why we come on here to share our thoughts and feelings that only us woman have! I tried to explain to hubby how my period will prob be later this month as I think I OV'd late, his answer to that was " you've lost me now" :lol:

I too have felt really crap this last 2ww, very tired and very sickly but PMT symptoms are similar to PG symptoms so it's not very hard to get our hopes up when we are symptom spotting!

I tested on 11DPO and was gutted I got a BFN but then realised it was too early to test!

FC ladies, hope we all get our BFP very soon xx