Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Implantation bleeding - advice

Hi

We are in our first month of TTC for baby number 2 and I just wanted to ask for advice. My period isn't due until Sunday and since having my daughter I have been regular as clockwork, having periods that last for between 7-9 days every 30 days.

This month however my period has come exactly one week early but it's been very odd and sorry if this is tmi! Basically I had strange stomach cramps on Sunday then I started to have very dark spotting on Monday but hardly anything. Tuesday I had more blood but it was lighter than normal. I had one small clot as well but when I used a tampon it was just very dark. Yesterday and today it's still going but just very pale pink and not enough to use anything.

So... could it be implantation bleeding? It seems quite alot if it is? Could it be that I was preganant and things just went wrong or perhaps just period that's come early?

THe thing is my period is normally heavy for at least 5 days and this is probably about 1/4 of what I'd normally get.

I am thinking of testing but don't want to if it's a complete waste of time. I didn't have anythign like this with my first one.

Replies

• Options
    hi emilyegg11 it's a bit hard to say really, it could be any of those things, also the stress of ttc can play with your cycles; before I started ttc I had perfect 28day cycles, since ttc my cycles have varied from 24-28 days, I even had a 15 day cycle once! I would wait until af was actually due before testing as it might be a bit early to test just yet. FC it was implantation! xx
  • Options
    I had a similar thing this month, I have been off the pill since October but first cycle was 72 days. That AF was painful and heavy and lasted 5/6 days then she turned up again 24 days later with no pain, hardly anything and only lasted 2 days - it is never like this for me! Like you I wondered about implantation but I tested today and BFN. I would be a week late now so guessing it was just early AF. I hate how our bodies play these tricks on us!
  • Options
    Thanks for advice, I'm not holding out much hope to be honest and it's only month one but it's really hard not to get excited!

I'll hold out until Sunday to test I think
  • Options
    Hi Emily, it could be implantation. In Nov I had what I thought was a period beginning a good bit early. It was lighter than usual and strange. After abt 6 days stop start bleeding I tested and got bfp. I sadly went on to mc but don't think the bleeding had anything to do with it as I was over 8 weeks pg and had seen hb in early scan.

There is def hope bit don't test until day af is due in case its a chemical pg . Good luck x x
  • Options
    Morning

Unfortunately my af hit me this morning and if it's not my af, then there is definately a worringly amount of blood for me to be pregnant. Never mind. Part of me feels a little disappointed but I just kep reminding myself I am lucky enough to have one beautiful baby.

Even though it's my second itme you just can't help get excited! Plus my spotting stopped yesterday and my boobs have been tingly all week! Hate how things like this can happen!

Oh well, at least I get more bding next month!
  • Options
    p.s BlueStar I am sorry to hear about your mc and i really hope that things happen for you very soon x x x