Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Confused about ovulation ??Help please X

I am sooo confused!

Ok so my story so far is ..we have been ttc no 2 since November 11 with no luck so far.

In jan and feb i used opks, in jan just the cheapies and got a faint 2nd line on cd14 and a strong on cd15 , same in feb but i also used CBD and got a smiley on cd15 early in morn. So this month we decided to dtd more before cd15 as well as after. We managed to dtd on cd11 and cd12 but then had pain in stomache and back went to docs and discovered i had a water infection. Explained to doc that we are ttc and she said she 'd find me some antibiotics that were ok to use in pregnancy just in case but looked on computer for a bit and decided best ones to get rid of it quick were not suitable for use in preg or ttc (in fact the leaflet said if you get preg whilst taking them call doctor straight away which scared me a bit!) So this was CD13 and i had a 3 day course , she said dont ttc for the 3 days i was taking them cd13 to cd16 bloody typical eh!!!So i was gutted that id most probably missed out on any chance of conceiving this month. I then read on internet and called pharmacy to ask how long its in system for after finish taking (8pm on cd16) and both advised 24-48 hours. So we planned to dtd last night in the hope that i will ov late this month and we can still catch it , but dd decided to play up big time and would not settle until 10pm and we were both so exhausted(plus she ended up in our bed in end anyway1) needless to say it didnt happen!!!!

So here's the confusing bit.....I had negatives on cbd opk on CD15 , CD16 and just now on CD17 so im now wondering if i ov early this month????I did feel pains on my right side on saturday CD14 which now i look back it could have been ov but with the pains of the water infection i didnt give ov a second thought!So now im wondering if i ov early, and if dtd on CD11 and CD12 could have worked???I know its not very likely but as opk been neg cd15,16 and 17, maybe i'll ov really late orov'd already a day or so early before cd15?

Hope this makes sense, im just kinda just typing as im thinking, which may not make any sense now its written down!

Thoughts ladies please

XXXXXX

Replies

• Options
    Makes perfect sense! Oh I really feel for you image do a pg test as soon as you can... Really hope you didnt ov early before the antibiotics and become pg. x
  • Options
    Hey sweety. It's perfectly possible you ov'd early . . . .or you may be oving late! When I was ttc my periods went all over the place - in fact the month i conceived I ov'd early. I only realised because of my EWCM so did an OPK.

Hope you did OV early and got caught!!