Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ovulation test help (picture included)

Ladies, I'm sure you're all sick of me and my constant posting. I'm sick of it myself, actually!

But I don't know who else to ask, and you're all so lovely and full of knowledge, I thought I had better just pick your brains again!

On Sunday I started taking OPKs for the month, it was CD13 (well, techinically CD45 because for some unknown reason I didn't get a period last month...). I got a negative OPK, but I thought it looked promising, so I took another on Monday (CD14) and it looked positive! So of course OH and I got excited and did the BD! Then Tuesday (CD15) I took another OPK... Another positive (more BDing). Wednesday, another OPK, another positive (didn't BD that night, too tired), Thursday, another OPK, another positive (BDed that morning), now it's Friday and I've got ANOTHER positive this morning (!!!), I took another just now and it looked negative. What the hickery dickery dock is going on?

I'm putting a picture in, as I'm not even sure they're positive anymore, they're all faded, obviously, as they've been sat on my bathroom cabnit all week.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l98/sammy_ham/P1010187.jpg

PLEASE let me know what you think, and if you think they all look negative, tell me, there's no point in me keeping hope if I've just completely lost my mind anyway. :P

Replies

• Options
    Wow that is confusing. I only ever get a result like that on one day! I'm not sure I can be of much help though. What brand are they? Is it possible that they belong to a faulty batch? Any chance your def not pg already? :?
  • Options
    Sorry just re read your post. You didn't get you period last month? Has that happened before? I would defiantly try a pg test x
  • Options
    Hi hun, i read somewhere that OPK ' S can detect HCG so I'd take a pregnancy test and see what that says. Fingers crossed.

Xxxxx
  • Options
    I tried a pregnancy test (from the same place I got my OPKs) and it was BFN. Wasn't FMU though.

When my period was due last month I took a bunch of pregnancy tests which were all BFNs, I even took a CBD when I was a week late, just to be sure.

I'm so angry at my body right now, haha.

When I came off the pill I had a 69 day cycle, that's the only time it's happened to me before. But my mum says it happened to her when she was TTC my sister, so I guess it's a weird sort of thing that runs in the family? Lol!

• Options
    Oh, sorry Andi - I don't know what brand they are, I got them cheap from a website after googling something like "cheap ovulation tests", and got around 30 of them for about ??4, so I was chuffed, lol! Won't be very chuffed if they're all faulty though.

• Options
    Don't apologise for posting a lot - that is what this site is for and the world of ttc is a crazy place!

Well it looks like your answer is one of two things - 1. You could be pregnant. 2. Cheap brands are not reliable so they could be faulty or literally no good. Throw them away and do a First Response test. If its a negative; get yourself some branded ovulation tests ready for your next cycle.

Xx
  • Options
    Thanks wildthingv8

I still have two CBD left over from before, so I could use one of those. Still keeping fingers crossed for this month even if it's negative though, because it ain't over until AF sings.image:lol:

Thanks for all the help ladies, I'll keep you all updated!

• Options
    Fingers crossed for you honey, hopefully af won't show up and you will get your bfp xx
  • Options
    Did a CBD this morning - BFN.

Still keeping hope though, going to assume I ovulated at some point this week, so will probably test again on 29th of this month, or maybe later.

xxx

Edit; just did an OPK and got ANOTHER positive. Slowly tearing my hair out :lol: Although it's the darkest I've seen it today, the second line (the one you're supposed to compare it to) is faded a little bit. Perhaps I'm actually going to ovulate hurrah! Will wait at the door for OH to come home and then pounce him.