Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How long can you ovulate for?

Hiya, I've bought some tesco own brand ovulation kits the other week, I started testing 7days ago n there still coming up as positive. I thought you only fertile for 6days, just wandered if anyone could help, I wasn't sure if it was the tests n I should buy clearblue ones, I'm already pregnant or you are fertile for longer. Please could someone help me x

Replies

• Options
    I've been using the clearblue fertility monitor for the past 6 months (with no luck) but I always got 5 highs, 2 peaks and then 3 highs after. I'm guessing my ovulation days per month is two.

xx
  • Options

Are they the ones with the lines or digi ones? If they are ones with the lines - its very difficult to tell the difference between a high and a peak - you only ovulate for 12 hours, The ovulation kits predict your surge, not your ovuation. Your positive means that you will ovulate in the next 12 - 24ish hours. But your surge could last about 36 hours i believe \i tihnk but varies from cycle to cycle i believe. 

Could you maybe post some pics of your positive? We could work out if they are indeed positive or just highs? 

x

• Options
    Hiya,

Sorry I have no idea how to put pictures on (not good with things like that lol), the tests are the line ones n its two strong lines that show every time. Do the digital ones tell the positive more than a high? If so I might get them instead, I've just had another look at the results n it's so hard to tell if the bottom line is stronger than the top.

Thank you for your help I really do appreciate it x
  • Options

Yeah i gave up on the line ones as you really couldn't tell sometimes if it really was a positive or a nearly positive - i imagine that you have been getting nearly positives. I recomened - if you don't mind spending the extra money - using the clear blue digital ones. They just give you a circle if you aren't ovulating and a smiley face if you are. I used them this month for the first time and found them so uch easier. If you buy them online from somewhere like amazon they are a bit cheaper than in the shop. 

• Options
    Will do thank you x
  • Options
    I used Tesco ones and I was the same.. ended up with 10 positive tests in a row.... and were defo positive...... didn't know what to think... but anyway.... ended up with my BFP that month????? good luck x
  • Options
    Fingers crossed I'm the same as u were ????. I have bought some clearblue ones today but havnt managed to test yet, i was positive with the tesco ones again this morning so thats 8days so thought I'd buy some different ones to see what they say x
  • Options

Would you find useful to save and organize all your info like period for example and your ovulation results ?

• Options
    Could be a good point. the problem I've got at the min I haven't had a af since coming off the pill 5weeks ago, which was unusual for me I usually have a withdrawal bleed straight away but it didn't happen after I stopped taking the pill, typical when I wanted it lol. I tested today with the clearblue ovulation tests n it was negative but I think I might keep a diary x

Thanks x