Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Exercising...

Hi everyone, Up to about 3 months ago I used to exercise quite regularly, going to the gym and running. I gave up when ttc-ing but as its taken longer than I thought it would I was wondering if anyone knows if it's ok to run etc whilst ttc-ing? May sound silly but I'm scared of ruining fertilisation or implantation or anything for that matter xx

Replies

• Options
    Exercise is fine hun in fact it's good for ttc as it destresses you. Plus exercising once you conceive is fine too. X
  • Options

yeah exercise is fine, i go to the gym and will continue to do so when i hopefully concieve and get pregnant

• Options
    Docs have said to me that they advise couples to take regular exercise. Unless your like 'athlete' training then it's supposed to be good for ttc x
  • Options
    I ran 3 times a week and swam twice a week and had no probs conceiving. Exercised throughout my pregnancy too...ran up until 6 months
  • Options

i ran a half marathon and completed 3 triathlons whilst TTC and once i was pregnant i continued to run until i was too tired, then i took up swimming and gym work.. it's positively a must for helping with an easier birth

• Options

Thanks ladies, I have already had a few rubns and been to the gym....  Hoping it keeps my mind off ttc-ing too! x