Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Strange cycle after early miscarriage / chem prg

Hi there

I just wondered if anybody else had had strange things happen after suffering a very early miscarriage.  I have read that most ladies are back to normal once the bleeding as stopped but I am having a very bizarre 2nd cycle.  I was lucky enough to fall pg 2nd month of 'trying' properly but lost it about 8 days later.  I bled for the same amount of time as my period - was a bit more painful.  Sadly I was on holiday - didn't have my CBFM and so not sure what happened re ovulation that month but didn't seem too much out of the ordinary.  Anyways this month back on the old CBFM and odd things are happening!!  Firstly I had some pain in my right ovary during AF and then lots of EWCM on CD6 which lasted for about 4 days.  Odd for me but I thought maybe my ovulation days were still a bit messed up.  Started tracking on my CBFM from CD7 and have had 'highs' ever since.  Now CD14.  The 2 lines on the sticks have been strong and both present which again is odd, plus I have had some whacky hormonal symptoms - like very bad PMS the last few weeks. 

I had bad stomach cramps - particularly in right ovary again - a few days ago and went to docs last night.  Ultrasound - he said ovaries look normal but I'm not ovulating this month image  This would explain all the werid hormonal stuff.  I don't recall having had this before - been using Persona and CBFM for a while and generally get a positive peak.  So I'm just wondering if anybody else had anything similar whilst recovering from an early miscarriage?  I am 34 and also have relatively low ovarian reserves so worrying myself silly image 

Thanks for reading if you have reached this far xxxx

Replies

• Options

Hi Bellybuster, Sorry to hear about your MC but I can sympathise.  I had a MC at 8 weeks, 4 weeks ago.  Also my previous preg was ectopic resulting in me losing my right tube.

Anyway like yourself I jumped back to using the CBFM after the MC.  Unfortunately all I have tracked is 'Highs' since day 6?????  I am currently on day CD10.  This is really unusual as during my last pregnancy I got 2 highs 2 peaks and a further high.  During my last preg the first high was on day CD7.

I was lucky that I fell pregnant my first month trying using the CBFM after my ectopic (considering I only have one tube).  I have done a lot of research though and some people get pregnant with only highs so im hoping for the best.  My hubby is struggling as we've BD every night since CD6 :/

So yes im experiancing the same strange CDFM readings as yourself since my MC.  Sticky baby dust to you though - I hope you get your BFP soon!!

BTW im 31 but my hubby is 44 so I don't want to wait aroundimage

xxxxx

• Options

Hi Muffness

Thanks so much for your reply - I am glad that it isn't just me with the odd readings on CBFM image  I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles also - losing your right tube must have been incredibly scary.  Good luck moving forward and getting your next sticky bean too!

It sounds just like what I am getting on my monitor - I'm definitely not ovulating this month as confirmed by the Ultrasound and so I'm wondering if my body is confused hence the readings and lots of PMS sypmtoms I've been having.  Hoping it's just a blip and i get a little peak egg symbol next month image  I'm off to the docs tomorrow so I'll let you know if she says anything useful about the readings.

And I can totally understand re hubby and the BDing since CD6 lol!  Mine was not impressed when he heard there was no ovulation this month after all that haha image

xx