Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Partner doesn't want another child

Me and my partner have been together for 8 years and have a four year old daughter together. I had a misscarriage last year and had a hard time getting over it. Recently i've been really broody and would love another baby. My partner on the other hand does not want another, I have tried persuading him but he's sure that he's set in his choice.

Does anyone have any advice? 

Replies

• Options

I would view his choice as relating to your miscarriage.  You were expecting to have an additional family member last year but sadly nature had other ideas, this will have impacted on him too leaving him with memories of the hurt & pain you went through & concerns that it could happen again.

What you need to discuss with him is what are your greater fears - the chance of trying & not succeeding or not trying at all & never knowing what may have been.  It is a difficult road to take following a previous bad experience but remind yourselves all pregnancies are different & what happens in one does not always happen again.

Best wishes with whatever path you both choose.