Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Friend Just Told Me she's Pregnant

I hadnt seen her since before Christmas and I saw her at lunch and low and behold she has a bump.

I am so happy for her but so unbelieveably jealous that i cried image 

Anyone else experience these feelings? I feel evil for feeling jealous but couldnt help it x

Replies

• Options
    Me too - i cant believe im admitting to this but i even 'hid' someones updates on facebook because i was jelous! Very immature of me.

I completely understand x
  • Options

lol me to im so jelous i dont even go to launch with her couse im jelous

• Options

I literaly know 6 people that are due areound the same time almost, 3 of them werent even trying to get pregnant, one of them was on birth conrtol and still got pregnant, and I still cant get pregnant :/.... not fair lol

• Options

I dont think many people could honestly say they aren't jealous of others pregnancies when trying so desperately yourself to concieve.

Dont feel bad fabulicious, it doesnt make you a bad person. It'll be you at somepoint!!

• Options
    Two of my best friends got pregnant at the same time and they weren't even trying. One who didn't even want a kid she was so gutted she cried and one day it would just 'go away' by itself. Another just declared she wanted to put off pregnancy for at least another year and boom, shes pregnant the next time I see her. Both of them now happily pregnant at 5 months.

And here I am, been trying actively for more than 1 year and still no news image
  • Options

Oh Owlie that seems so unfair image I'm sorry, what a horrid situation to be in image I hope you get your BFP soon xx

• Options
    Thanks fab. You too!
  • Options

I know how all you ladies feel image. I've been ttc for 2+ years and found out just before xmas that my brothers wife was pregnant and is now bout 20 weeks and also then found out 2weeks ago that my husbands younger sister is preg with her 2nd child after an accident with the pill! (the first one wasn't planned either, although he'll be four in april). What really gets me is that I've completley changed diet, and been having accupunture and things but they both got preg straight away without even trying and i can't. Plus my hubby's sis likes to smoke and also smokes weed and won't stop even though she preg. How selfish and unfair is that?!! 

My mum is going to the baby show with my bro's wife tomorrow....really sad, she should be doing that with me image

Really hope i get my BFP soon

Baby dust to you all xx

• Options
    Ow wifey.

Things like that really do rub salt into the wound don't they. Doesn't seem at all fair. But hopefully the wait will soon be over for your bfp.

I've had a friend in the past who got pregnant who didn't want to be and so drank heavily to bring on a miscarrige, yet said friend now has several children who took no time for her to concieve.

Happy thoughts and baby hopes for you x
  • Options

I know how you feel, I remember when I was ttc my OH had a friend who's girlfriend literally missed one pill they decided to do it anyway and ended up pregnant, they've just had their baby.

Another time my OH's nephew had been going with his girlfriend for about 2 weeks and they ended up pregnant I was absolutely devastaed at that one as they are like Jeremy Kyle rejects and it seemed so unfair, unfortuanately they lost their baby, but we did find out we were pregnant about 2 weeks after they did.