Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ovulation

Hi all, first month doing opk so new to all this! But only had 1 period since coming off pill in dec, last Tuesday I had really ba tummy cramps, but only 1 sided so tried and ov test and positive! Anyway they were positive up till Sunday, 6 positives! Ha ran out so dot know what yesterday would of been but today had a negative one. On Sunday though I was really wet (sorry for tmi), getting turned on really easy and was really really wet! And ten like I say today's ov test was negative. Ie not been tracking temps or mucus but ovs were def positive, bright dark positives. So do think I did ovulate? And if so when? I'm thinking Sunday but no to up on all this yet!xx

Replies

• Options

I came off the pill after 16 years end of January and started bbt from the first day of end pill period as i had no idea when i would get my first proper period or if i would ovulate. My doctor had said to me that it would be possible to ovulate and not have a period so i thought right if i bbt then hopefully i should be able to see whats going on. I have been lucky to have a period each month so far (this my third) but from doing bbt i can clearly see when i have ovulated. After i had had my first proper af i bought some ov strips and then used those aswell from the day i started my ewcm. Last month i got a postive for 2 days (sat & sun) and a faint for one day (mon) but my bbt showed ov to be Sunday. So i have found it really useful to do both. Doing the bbt each morninbg has now become routine and i dont think anything about it. But doing the ov's feels a little stressful as im anticipating a positive each day. But atleast with doing both when one method is confusing you you have another to clarify.

For me doing the bbt is also useful as with me being 35 if we havent been successful within 6 months then i have something to show the doctor so that they can see whats going on for themselves.

I dont know if this helps but good luck. If you want any advice on bbt then just message me. x

• Options
    Hi krissy2. I think it's possible you ov'd on the Tuesday/wednesday as 1 sided cramps good indication that you are ovulating/about to. As long as you bbt in this time chances are good. Good luck!