Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

1 week late?

Well everyone it's official I'm one week late for my period !! image could be a good sign, Wha do you think?? Xx

Replies

• Options
    Have you tested? Xx
  • Options
    Yes I've tested 4 before.. They were negative and done them about a month a go , Buh we've agreed to give it another week now before I test again xx
  • Options

A month ago?? If you're a week late and you are indeed pg then a test would be positve now!!!

• Options
    Do you think so? A lot of ppl have said no bcos I've only recently come off the pill buh others have said I can be pregnant almost straight away so I am a bit unsure xx
  • Options

you could be but when you come off the pill your hormones are all over as they are trying to settle into your natural cycle rather than one being influenced by the pill. It took 48 days for me to have my first proper period after coming off the pill so hang in there and see what happens! x

• Options
    Don't kno what's wrong with me tbh went to a party tonite had a glass of vodka n coke cos obviously don't kno if I am pregnant... And I've gone to feel like crap image feel rather sicky :-/ xx
  • Options
    I got pregnant 2 days after stopping the pill and I'm currently 35 weeks pregnant so it is possible image fingers crossed
  • Options
    I would like to think its possible... Trying not to get my hopes up you kno :-/

We currently looking for somewhere to live ATM as we are living with my parents and its a real struggle.. And my partner is getting crap from ex partner regarding their daughter. Xx
  • Options

Hi Jessiejames2013

I'm 2 days late now myself & no sign of af either. I had cramping on Wednesday & then since Friday my boobs are sore & feeling bloated after eating. I've done a hpt & got BFN the day af was due but not tested again yet, trying to hold off until Tuesday lol

Fingers crossed it's BFP for us both image

• Options
    I'm actually 2 weeks late now image not sure if its a good sign or not.. Have done 2 tests and they're negative.

I think it might be the case of my body is getting used to having no pill in my system that's why I'm the way I am... Don't want to over excite myself for nothing xx
  • Options
    Hi

It really is so common for your natural period to take a while to come back.

You can't count your period from your withdrawal bleed necessarily because this would have been caused by the pill.

It is better (and less torturingimage ) to wait for your first real period to start charting your cycle. I don't think you can say you are late after your withdrawal bleed because it might be taking your body a couple of months to start ovulating.

If your cycle had clicked back into place straight after stopping the pill you would have had an af by now or a bfp.

If I were in your shoes I would jut be hoping for af to show so I could be sure of my cycle ready to bd for next month.image

I don't want to sound mean but couldn't let you keep your hopes up when for most of us this happens after coming off te pill.

I did get a 'real' period first month after stopping the pill and withdrawal bleed but my cycles were then really variable lasting anything from 14 to 35 days until they settled at about 4 months.

Honestly it would have shown as a bfp by now even on a CBD if you were two weeks late.

Best of luck for your ttc journey
  • Options
    Thank you image it don't sound nasty at all... If I'm honest it's what I'm thinking too buh a part of me thinks oh maybe it could be and I start to get a lil excited over it... I'm sure it will happen soon xxx
  • Options

Jessie - Totally understand...and been there too. image

TTC plays mind games on us all.

My consultant told me that 80% of couples will get pregnant within 1 year and by 2 years 90% would have.  Realistically for a fertile couple who are bd at the right time of the month it takes 6 months on average.

It sucks that even on a good run we only get 12 chances a year.  Thats why we all go mad about ovulation kits! image