Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Coming off the pill!

Hi ladies, just wanted to hear your thoughtsimage I came off my pill 2 weeks and 3 days ago, and I wondered in everyone's experiences how long it took to ovulate for the 1st time? When we had our first child, I came off the pill and 7 weeks later I found out i was 3 weeks pregnant and didn't actually have a period in between so conceived pretty much straight away! Now for the TMI bit..image I have noticed little stabbing pains on my left side and dull period type pains every now and again, iv had quite watery discharge and been so hot in the mornings, iv felt my cervix and its very high I could hardly reach it and feels abit soft but not really squishy. Do u think this is ovulation or signs of conception? :-/ TIA xx

Replies

• Options

Hiya hun, I came off my pill in january and 10 days later I ovulated. Im now 14 weeks pregnant.

Stabbing pains have been a sign of ovulation for me, I would get busy if I were you!!image x x

• Options
    I hope so! I keep thinking because it happened so quickly and easily last time it probably won't this time! Fingers crossed!xx
  • Options
    I came off the pill after 16 years end of Jan and my cycles have been 35 days, 30 days and this month should be 27. So my ovulation days have been different every month but I have ovulated each month. I haven't had a bfp yet but think my body is still getting back to normal. Fingers crossed for you x
  • Options
    I just came off the pill Sunday. Expecting AF tomorrow. My periods before the pill.. which was about 7 years ago were like clock work. I'm really praying for a quick happening. Any experiences? I know it's still soon but I'm so excited! I'm afraid I might be setting myself up for failure. This will be mine and my husbands first child so it's a very new adventure. Good luck to all of you image
  • Options
    Hey amberc07, I am also trying for our first child. It is sooo very exciting. Although I've only been off the pill since end Jan each month has been different in terms of how I've felt and ov/AF symptoms. But this month feels a lot more normal - even though my of strips are all over the show. Month one was my body changing after stopping pill - hair loss and bad skin. Month 2 extreme symptoms in run up to AF - constipation, constant cramps, weeing lots, tossing & turning at night, wind. I didn't know if I was coming or going lol. Month 3 (now) feels much more normal - hair loss stopped, skin settling down and more normal of symptoms.

So fingers I'll be back to normal now!

Hope all goes good for you, good luck x
  • Options
    Thanks so muck Ickle Katie. I had no idea what symptoms come with stopping your BC. Oh my! Thats scary. How long was you on the BC and were your periods normal before? Since January? Goodness. I'm hoping it happens quickly.
  • Options
    I was on the cilest pill for 16 years so my body has had a massive shift in hormone balance! I had no idea what to expect and the doctor said I may not even get a period for six months and that would be quite normal. But I have had periods each month so that's a blessing! My periods were heavy but regular before and are now much lighter. What I have done is track my bbt so I can see when I ov and check how my cycles are.

Everyone is different and I know people who have got pregnant straight away from coming off the pill. So you maybe one of the lucky ones. Just remember that your body has some adjusting to do and it may take a little time and that's OK.x
  • Options

When I got off the pill I got pregnant after 3 months. For me, one of the main first symptoms of pregnancy was stabbing pains, so fingers crossed for you!!image