Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

5months of trying and still nothing

me and my partner have been ttc for 5months now and i came off the pill start of dec 2012 an my periods are regular now and im getting so upset now everyone seems to be announcing they are pregnant and im still trying image any one have any advice to ttc image lol i need to take my mind of it and just leet it happen but it s sooo hard... please someone give me some advice???

thanks

Replies

• Options
    I would live to give you advice to get your bfp, but after 31-32 months of ttc (losing track now but approaching 3 years!) I obviously don't have any answers!

All I would say is to enjoy the early days, I think I got very obsessive early on and it becomes very draining. ttc should be fun so try not to let it become a chore.

The other thing I would say is, if you honestly think there may be a problem. Go see your doc.

We went to docs at 1 yr ttc, we had all the tests that came back ok (these took over a year to go through entire process) all came back ok. It's only when we've paid for a private tests ahead of ivf, we've found out that I have low ovarian reserve which didn't show on hormone tests. (I'm only 32 so this is still heartbreaking for me).

Good luck with your ttc journey and remember, most couples fall pg in the first year. So your wait may not be much longer xx
  • Options

thanks for that advice hun and i hope you get a bfp sometime soon xx

• Options
    5 months isn't really that long, I know it seems like it's been alot longer but try not to get too stressed out about it, harder said than done believe me I know, but not impossible. It helps if know your cycle too like when your ovulating so you know your doing the deed at the right time, so it maybe worth investing in an ovulation kit. The clear blue one is very accurate and easy to use and indicates a smily face if you're ovulating so no room for confusion. Best of luck ttc xx
  • Options
    Like the others have said try to enjoy it. I got really stressed about it and that wasnt getting me anywhere. The month hubby and I just enjoyed ourselves we git our bfp. Cycle 8 for us. We used opks as I was oving later than I thought. Also we used conceive plus.

Sb x
  • Options

Im on month 5 too TITCHY- i go into each month super positive and by the time i get my BFN im so depressed!

Still, it IS still early days and im sure it will happen for us both soon x

• Options

hello hun i fell pregnant 6 months and the clue to it is when your trying constantly it never happens as my partner works constantly  i dident see him that month acept mostly one time and it happend and i have been told dont over think best time maybey weekend away get your mind off it goodluck hun xx

• Options

Hi titchy. I am also on 5 months. I totally know where your coming from. It does start to consume your life if your not careful. I too have had lots of people announcing births and pregnancies in the past couple of weeks and it makes me more broody. But like the others say it's early days and rakes on average 6-9 months to concieve. I am finding the this month the hardest so far but I know if I relax it will help. When I was ttc my 2nd it took 15 months. On that final month I relaxed because knew I had a consultanrs appts booked in. That's when I fell. 

So try not to stress, stay positive and it will hopefully happen. But anytime your worried get it 

• Options

Out of your system and have a moan and groan on here.  Good luck to all of you xxx