Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hsg test...

Hello....im just wondering if any ladies have had a hsg test? If u have how long did u have to wait to have it done? I had my 2nd hospital appointment today and got told the waiting list is 3-4 months! Im actually toying with the idea of getting it done private coz It just feels like a lifetime away image im also wondering what they do? Does it hurt during or after? Thanks for reading xx

Replies

• Options

I had one done over a month ago, I'm in northern Ireland and I just had to call 1st day of my cycle to get booked in for that week. I didn't find it painful at all, no more than a smear, some people do find it intense but if you do experience any pain it will last no longer than 20-30 seconds. It really is fine. They insert a very fine tube and inflate a tiny balloon which distributes the dye and then they xray it. They advised me to take 2 painkillers 1 hour before and I did and honestly never felt a thing xx

• Options
    Hi I have written my account in long term trying forum. I was fine but pleased u had taken the afternoon off work as I work in retail. If you have an office job you might be ok xx
  • Options
    Hiya thanks for replying. I have read your account joey. Im not to nervous about the test now. Im not to bad with stuff like that. The thing thts bothering me is the wait. How long did u have to wait joey? Rosapenny did u get yours done the next month? Are either of u starting on clomid now? Thats my next step, if tubes are clear that is. Im just so sick of it all now. My best friend came off the pill and concieved 3 days afta. Its so frustrating! X