Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

i need some advice please help ???

me and my partner have been trying for a baby for over 2 year now. On 20/01/13 i found out i was 1-2 weeks pregnant but only a day later (21/01/13) i misscarried. i was not mentally fit to try again straight away so we used condoms. i had my last period on 21/03/13.. when we had intercourse on 28/03/13 the condom split and on the 02/04/13 just 5 days after i noticed a medium amount of brown blood in my underwear.. later following with a a couple of drips of red blood later that night. with the information iv read i didnt think i would be ovulating just 1 week after the first day of my last period and i didnt think implantation bleeding would happing just 5 days after unprotected sex. i read some infomation online and saw to take a test 3 weeks after unprotected sex..so i did so this morning 18/04/13 and it was negitive. can anybody help me what this bleeding may have been ?

Replies

• Options

Hi LauraJane,

Depending on how regular your periods are & how many days your cycle usually lasts then yes you would normally be at your most fertile immediately after your period.  Implantation bleeding can also occur almost anytime during your 1st trimester & would be possible in the timeframe you described.  The bit that isn't always true is the pregnancy test part.  Generally you will get a more accurate test result at 6wks + into pregnancy meaning you would need to be 2wks overdue your period.  Your period would be roughly due today (you may get a positive result on an early detection test but again not always) so in theory you would need to wait 2wks from today before you would get the more accurate test result.  Best wishes & good luck.

• Options
    Hi

If you think about sperm meets egg then if you ovulate at day 14 (from 1st day of period) then sperm would be less likely to meet egg.

However if you ovulated earlier than the average his would e possible. I think typically conception can occur within 48 hours of ovulation as the sperm can live that long. I think there are rarer cases of sorry staying active for up to 6 days.

The bleed could still be your body settling.

I'm not being much help. I think I would agree with Kazzie and say you probably need to keep an eye for your next period and then test again in a week if no sign.